Every car owner probably knows that keeping the wheels clean and shiny often turns out to be the most difficult part of car maintenance. Wheels are notorious for dirt build-ups, stain formation, and rust damage and even the most experienced car care professionals might encounter problems when trying to remove all that mud and grime.
However, there are different ceramic coating products specifically designed for wheels that make the process of wheel maintenance a lot easier. A ceramic wheel coating creates a strong, glass-like layer that repels contaminants, keeps your wheels spotless, and restores their shine.
Since there is a wide range of detailing products available on the market, we’ve decided to help you out by putting together a list of the very best coatings worth both your time and money.
What to look for in a ceramic coating for wheels?
When deciding on a protective solution that will coat your wheels, make sure that the product you wish to purchase fulfills the following requirements:
1. Delivers Outstanding Protection
Quality ceramic coating for wheels forms a thick protective barrier upon application that prevents any damage caused by road grime, brake dust, road salt, elevated temperatures, water, UV rays, scratching, and pitting. Besides excellent protection, this sleek layer is characterized by impressive self-cleaning properties that help keep your wheels spotless and shiny for an extended period of time.
2. Provides Exceptional Gloss
Another important aspect of a good coating is a show-stopping, glossy finish it leaves behind when applied. A shiny finish really makes the wheels look like they’re brand new, which boosts the overall appearance of your vehicle.
3. It’s Versatile
Besides being applicable to your wheels, a great ceramic coating solution should be suitable for other surfaces as well, including chrome, plastic, metal, glass, paintwork, glass, vinyl, stainless steel, etc.
4. It’s Cost-Effective and Easy to Apply
As with any other purchase, ensure that the ceramic coating for wheels you wish to buy has a good price-quality ratio and that it really is worth the investment. Also, choosing an easy-to-apply product is important regardless of whether you know your way around car detailing or you’re an absolute beginner – the time is of the essence and a user-friendly product makes car maintenance a breeze.
Reviews of the Best Ceramic Wheel Coating Products for 2020
Explaining the Ranking System
The ranking system we use allows us to accurately assess each product and decide on the very best ceramic coating for wheels that can be found in the market today. That’s why we decided to include the following criteria:
1. Product quality
When choosing the perfect ceramic coating for your wheels, you’ll need a product that is designed to provide outstanding protection, strength, durability, efficiency, and exceptional performance even when exposed to unfavorable conditions. In other words, you need a quality product, and quality depends on the formulation, ingredients, and technology used in the production process.
The way a certain product is presented, the design of its packaging, colors and materials used, as well as the contents of the box, communicate many things about the brand and play a vital role in the consumer decision-making process.
3. Customer feedback
Customer feedback and thorough product reviews are excellent tools that we can use to find out more about the product, as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
4. Overall value
Finally, the product’s overall value is a factor that combines product quality, presentation, customer feedback, and price in other to help determine whether the coating is really worth your while and money or not.
Please note that you need to visit individual product pages to get accurate information on the latest product prices, as the prices mentioned in this Buyer’s Guide are those found at the time of writing.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating by AvalonKing is a high-performance nano ceramic coating characterized by high efficiency, outstanding protection, longevity, and a mirror-like gloss. To achieve such spectacular results, the product uses a comprehensive formulation with 84% SiO2 (silicon dioxide), ingredients of the highest quality, as well as state-of-the-art nano technology. Once applied, the coating forms a thick, long-lasting protective layer that shields your wheels from all the common contaminants, such as dust, grime, dirt, water, UV rays, aggressive chemicals, and weathering.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is a DIY professional grade product designed to deliver the best possible performance no matter whether it’s being used by a professional detailer or a car detailing enthusiast. Due to an easy application procedure and a short curing time, this ceramic coating saves your time and makes car maintenance a task you’ll look forward to doing.
What’s more, thanks to the sleek, glossy layer it creates, this product keeps your wheels clean even in-between the regular washes, as it prevents contaminants from sticking onto the surface and causing further damage and deterioration. With Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating, your wheels are in for great protection and a beautiful gloss that won’t go unnoticed.
Versatility is another advantage of Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating. This top-notch product is suitable to be used on different surfaces, including wheels, plastic trims, vinyl wraps, paintwork, glass, chrome surfaces, PPF, and carbon fiber. You can apply it to different vehicles as well, like cars, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, and trucks.
Why It's Our Top Pick
1) Product Quality: The quality of the ingredients, high concentration of SiO2 particles, latest technology, and effective formulation make Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating a durable product designed to deliver. If applied properly, its effects last for up to 2 years.
2) Presentation: Both the packaging and the bottle are characterized by a contemporary, elegant design that has a luxury feel to it. The kit includes a 30 ml bottle of Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating, a pair of nitrile gloves, an applicator sponge, 3 applicator cloths, and a microfiber buffing towel.
3) Customer Feedback: With over 2000 customers leaving their feedback you can really gain a deeper insight into the product as a whole just by reading their reviews. Since the product ranks 4.8 out of 5, it’s clear that the majority of customers are more than satisfied with its performance.
4) Overall Value: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating kit can be found at a price of $69.99. If we look at some of the amazing features the product is known for, you’re bound to get your money’s worth with this one.
Here Are The Facts:
- Uses the latest nano coating technology and high-quality ingredients.
- Provides long-lasting protection and keeps your wheels shiny as new.
- It is very versatile and suitable to be applied to different surfaces.
- It’s cost-effective and has volume discounts - if you opt for two kits, expect to pay $104.99 and in case you wish to purchase 3 kits, that’ll cost you only $139.99.
Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant
Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant is a quality ceramic coating engineered specifically for wheels, exhaust tips, and brake calipers. Once applied, the coating forms a thick, long-lasting protective layer on the surface that can resist high temperatures of up to 1400 0F. The coating has good self-cleaning properties and leaves a beautiful glossy finish.
Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant is a professional grade product that keeps road dirt, grime, and brake dust at bay. It is an easy-to-use product that doesn’t contain any alcohol. The product lasts for around 6 months.
Why It's Our Second Pick
1) Product Quality: Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant uses an advanced formula for achieving great detailing performance and optimum efficiency. Thanks to its ingredients, this ceramic coating for wheels makes wheel maintenance easy and quick.
2) Presentation: The packaging has a recognizable blue color and contemporary design. The kit contains a bottle of Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant, 4 suede cloths, an applicator, and operating instructions.
3) Customer Feedback: There are 200 global ratings, and an average score is 4.6 out of 5, which makes this product quite popular among detailing aficionados. However, the biggest complaint is that it doesn’t last as long as it should.
4) Overall Value: Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant is found at a price of $39.99 - a pretty good deal for your money.
Adam’s UV Ceramic Wheel Coating Complete Kit
Adam's UV Ceramic Wheel Coating is a nanocrystalline coating formulated with 9H hardness and designed to offer 6 years of protection to your vehicle. The product has hydrophobic properties that allow it to repel water, dirt, grime, brake dust, road salt, high temperatures, and UV rays while keeping the surfaces shiny and glossy.
Even though Adam's UV Ceramic Wheel Coating is considered a professional grade product, it’s easy to apply and suitable for complete detailing beginners. A 50 ml bottle of the product is enough for 3 sets of standard wheels.
Why It's Our Third Pick
1) Product Quality: Adam's UV Ceramic Wheel Coating is formulated with quality ingredients and uses patent-pending ceramic glow technology for better performance. Also, the product was tested to various unfavorable conditions to ensure its durability.
2) Presentation: This neatly designed kit contains the following: a 50 ml bottle of UV Ceramic Wheel Coating, a 4 oz Ceramic Boost, a 4 oz Surface Prep, 2 micro silk applicators, a pair of gloves, 2 surface prep towels, and 2 removal towels.
3) Customer Feedback: More than 70 customers left their feedback, and the product ranks 4.6.
4) Overall Value: You can purchase the kit for $90.00, which might seem a bit expensive. However, the content of the kit is quite impressive.
Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour
Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour is an inorganic ceramic coating for wheels that uses the latest ceramic coating technology to form a long-lasting barrier that provides outstanding contaminant and stain resistance. It is suitable for both standard and alloy wheels and can withstand elevated temperatures, which makes it a perfect solution for brake calipers.
A 15 ml bottle of Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour is enough for 17-inch wheels, whereas a 30 ml bottle can cover 20-inch wheels. The product is known to last between 1 and 2 years.
Why It's Our Fourth Pick
1) Product Quality: Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour uses ingredients that, when combined, make the product durable and very effective against harmful pollutants.
2) Presentation: The product comes in a neatly designed box, with detailed instructions printed on the side. The bottle is made out of quality materials and designed to prevent spillage.
3) Customer Feedback: With over 130 ratings and an overall score of 4.8, this ceramic coating for wheels is one of the top-rated products on the market.
4) Overall Value: A 15 ml bottle of the product costs $29.68, whereas a 30 ml one is $47.74. Considering all mentioned above, Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour offers a good value for your money.
CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coat
CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coat is a ceramic wheel coating formulated with organic silane of very high quality, known for its high content of silica (over 50%). Thanks to such formulation, this coating solution easily bonds to the surface pores and creates a thick protective layer that lasts up to a year. The product can withstand high temperatures and guards your wheels against the elements.
CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coat is suitable to be applied to various surfaces, including metal, plastic, paint, and rubber, as well as different types of wheel finish, such as chrome, plastic, aluminum, and clear coated.
Why It's Our Fifth Pick
1) Product Quality: CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coat uses technologies and chemicals that enable it to protect your wheels and trims against the damage caused by a wide range of contaminants.
2) Presentation: The packaging is made out of quality materials and has a contemporary, bold design, and the bottle is easy to use. The kit contains a 30 ml bottle, a sponge applicator, and a suede cloth.
3) Customer Feedback: Many satisfied customers left their feedback, and the product has a ranking of 4.6.
4) Overall Value: The kit can be purchased for $39.99 and considering all the amazing features this product has to offer, you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
Gold Label Detailing Wheel and Caliper Ceramic Coating
Gold Label Detailing Wheel and Caliper Ceramic Coating is an ultra hydrophobic coating solution enriched with 9H hardness for improved protection and durability. When applied, this ceramic coating for wheels forms a strong barrier that protects against UV rays, water, brake dust, dirt, and road grime, as well as slight mechanical damage such as scratching and pitting.
The product makes the surface slick enough so not even oil or water are able to stick to it. It’s very easy to apply and its effects last for up to 5 years.
Why It's Our Sixth Pick
1) Product Quality: Gold Label Detailing Wheel and Caliper Ceramic Coating is a professional grade coating that uses nano technology to provide excellent performance and impressive durability.
2) Presentation: A 15 ml bottle of this ceramic wheel coating is part of the kit that also contains a detailing sponge and a microfiber cloth. The packaging is neatly designed, with a pop of green color.
3) Customer Feedback: The product has a ranking of only 4.2, which is something that should be taken into consideration before purchasing it.
4) Overall Value: Considering the price of $24.99 per kit, Gold Label Detailing Wheel and Caliper Ceramic Coating seems to be a cost-effective solution.
McKee’s 37 Wheel Coating
McKee's 37 Wheel Coating is a coating solution designed to be particularly effective against brake dust, road grime, oil, tar, and dirt. It forms a protective layer that repels all contaminants and ensures the wheels stay clean in-between washes. In addition, this ceramic coating for wheels provides a beautiful gloss and slick finish.
McKee's 37 Wheel Coating is easily applied and one 4 oz bottle can coat more than 50 wheels. The coating needs to be reapplied once a year.
Why It's Our Seventh Pick
1) Product Quality: The latest nano technology enables McKee's 37 Wheel Coating to create a surface tension that is powerful enough to keep harmful pollutants away from your wheels.
2) Presentation: The product alone comes in a neatly designed, easy-to-use spray bottle. In case you wish to purchase a 7-piece kit, you’ll also get a Color Changing Wheel Cleaner, applicators, microfiber cloths and towels, as well as brushes.
3) Customer Feedback: The product ranks only 3.8, which leads to the conclusion that there are certain issues with its performance and durability.
4) Overall Value: Expect to pay $45.00 for a 4 oz bottle and $69.99 for the entire kit, which seems like a fair price.
Micro Detailer MD Shield HD Wheel
IGL Coatings Ecocoat Wheel is a ceramic coating kit that has all it takes for you to keep your wheels clean, shiny, and well-protected. When applied properly, this ceramic coating for wheels forms a strong layer that keeps the surface protected against common contaminants such as brake dust, extreme temperatures, chemicals, staining, and marring.
What’s more, IGL Coatings Ecocoat Wheel offers 9H hardness, which makes the product last for up to a year. Also, it has amazing hydrophobic and self-cleaning properties and it’s very easy to use.
Why It's Our Ninth Pick
1) Product Quality: IGL Coatings Ecocoat Wheel uses ingredients of the highest quality and has a very high active material content, which makes it suitable for both experienced detailers and complete beginners.
2) Presentation: The kit comes in a well-designed packaging and includes the following: a 30 ml Ecocoat Wheel bottle, a 100 ml Ecoclean Precoat, application block, and 4 application cloths.
3) Customer Feedback: There’s only one 5-star rating left so far.
4) Overall Value: The price this kit has is $69.95, which seems to be a good deal considering all detailing products included in it.
Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coating
Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coating is a nano ceramic coating that is characterized by its 9H hardness and extreme hydrophobic properties. Such characteristics affect both the durability and efficiency of this ceramic coating for wheels. Once applied, the product creates a sleek barrier that enables water beading and repels brake dust, grime, dirt, and other harmful pollutants.
Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coating can be applied to wheels, calipers, trims, and paint. The product lasts between 1 and 2 years and a 20 ml bottle is enough for 8 wheels (or 4 wheels if it’s a double layer).
Why It's Our Tenth Pick
1) Product Quality: Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coating has an effective formulation that enables it to keep your wheels spotless.
2) Presentation: The design is very elegant and the packaging includes a 20 ml Wheel Coat bottle and cotton pads.
3) Customer Feedback: The product’s ranking is 3.6 and the biggest complaint is that it doesn’t have a desired glossy effect.
4) Overall Value: This ceramic coating for wheels comes at a price of $28.90, which is on par with other similar products.
To sum up
If you want to make wheel maintenance an easy task, you should definitely consider investing in a quality coating that’ll keep your wheels well-protected and spotlessly clean at all times. Considering that each product listed in our Ceramic Coating For Wheels – 2020 Buyer’s Guide is designed to deliver, you’re bound to find the one that fits your individual needs the best.