Every car owner probably knows that keeping the wheels clean and shiny often turns out to be the most difficult part of car maintenance. Wheels are notorious for dirt build-ups, stain formation, and rust damage and even the most experienced car care professionals might encounter problems when trying to remove all that mud and grime.
However, there are different ceramic coating products specifically designed for wheels that make the process of wheel maintenance a lot easier. A ceramic wheel coating creates a strong, glass-like layer that repels contaminants, keeps your wheels spotless, and restores their shine.
Since there is a wide range of detailing products available on the market, we’ve decided to help you out by putting together a list of the very best coatings worth both your time and money.
What to look for in a ceramic coating for wheels?
When deciding on a protective solution that will coat your wheels, make sure that the product you wish to purchase fulfills the following requirements:
1. Delivers Outstanding Protection
Quality ceramic coating for wheels forms a thick protective barrier upon application that prevents any damage caused by road grime, brake dust, road salt, elevated temperatures, water, UV rays, scratching, and pitting. Besides excellent protection, this sleek layer is characterized by impressive self-cleaning properties that help keep your wheels spotless and shiny for an extended period of time.
2. Provides Exceptional Gloss
Another important aspect of a good coating is a show-stopping, glossy finish it leaves behind when applied. A shiny finish really makes the wheels look like they’re brand new, which boosts the overall appearance of your vehicle.
3. It’s Versatile
Besides being applicable to your wheels, a great ceramic coating solution should be suitable for other surfaces as well, including chrome, plastic, metal, glass, paintwork, glass, vinyl, stainless steel, etc.
4. It’s Cost-Effective and Easy to Apply
As with any other purchase, ensure that the ceramic coating for wheels you wish to buy has a good price-quality ratio and that it really is worth the investment. Also, choosing an easy-to-apply product is important regardless of whether you know your way around car detailing or you’re an absolute beginner – the time is of the essence and a user-friendly product makes car maintenance a breeze.
Reviews of the Best Ceramic Wheel Coating Products for 2020
Explaining the Ranking System
The ranking system we use allows us to accurately assess each product and decide on the very best ceramic coating for wheels that can be found in the market today. That’s why we decided to include the following criteria:
1. Product quality
When choosing the perfect ceramic coating for your wheels, you’ll need a product that is designed to provide outstanding protection, strength, durability, efficiency, and exceptional performance even when exposed to unfavorable conditions. In other words, you need a quality product, and quality depends on the formulation, ingredients, and technology used in the production process.
The way a certain product is presented, the design of its packaging, colors and materials used, as well as the contents of the box, communicate many things about the brand and play a vital role in the consumer decision-making process.
3. Customer feedback
Customer feedback and thorough product reviews are excellent tools that we can use to find out more about the product, as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
4. Overall value
Finally, the product’s overall value is a factor that combines product quality, presentation, customer feedback, and price in other to help determine whether the coating is really worth your while and money or not.
Please note that you need to visit individual product pages to get accurate information on the latest product prices, as the prices mentioned in this Buyer’s Guide are those found at the time of writing.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating
- Wraparound tread gives a rugged look and increases puncture resistance
- Deep two-step sipes extend tread life and increase performance on wet roads
- Tiered side grooves for more predictable cornering.Max Single Load(lbs):2601
- 7-8% wider footprint than the competition for increased road contact and grip
- 4 ply construction
Gyeon Quartz Q² Rim Sealant
- PROFESSIONAL RESULTS IN AN EASY TO APPLY COATING - GYEON Q² Rim brings the appearance of the paintwork to a new level, delivering pure candy gloss. Its thick formulation requires only one layer, making the application process quick and user-friendly.
- TEMPERATURE RESISTANT - Wheels, just after the engine bay and exhausts, are the components most exposed to high temperatures. Q² Rim has an endurance capability exceeding 1400ºF without any damage to its original properties.
- HIGH SELF CLEANING ABILITIES - Similar to other genuine SiO₂-based coatings, Q² Rim offers superb self-cleaning abilities. It results in limiting the time needed to keep wheels, especially those with complicated patterns, impeccably clean.
- SAFE FOR ALL FINISHES - There are various wheel rim types available on the market, e.g. wet painted, powder-coated, anodized or polished. Q² Rim is an appropriate product to protect each and every one of them.
- APPLICATION - Q² Rim requires just 1 thick layer, although if you wish to extend its durability, the product might be layered. Keep a minimum of 4 hours period between layers. The coating might be applied on all finishes of rims, both glossy and matte. TIP: Apply Q² Rim in sections. It is fast drying and curing formula, so large, complexly shaped rims should be divided into numerous, smaller sections.
Adam’s UV Ceramic Wheel Coating Complete Kit
- ✅ THE MOST ADVANCED WHEEL PROTECTION FOR YOUR VEHICLE! Adam’s Ceramic Wheel Coating is a clear, nanocrystalline coating that protects your vehicle from weather, chemicals, and UV rays while repelling water, dirt and more. Providing 9H hardness, 6+ years of protection even in the harshest conditions.
- ✅ PATENT PENDING UV TRACING TECHNOLOGY! Infused with patent-pending Ceramic Glow Technology. This feature acts as an application aid allowing users or professionals the ability to never miss a spot and make sure the coating is perfect every time you apply it!
- ✅ ULTRA HIGH GLOSS! The key to the coatings unbeatable “shine” is in the preparation stage. You’ll want to wash, clay, and cleanse the paint before polishing the paint to perfection. Then using the provided Coating Prep, you can wipe the vehicle down to remove any waxes or sealants left behind! Next, you can apply the ceramic coating using 50/50 overlapping to ensure full coverage.
- ✅ EXTREMELY HYDROPHOBIC! Adam's New Ceramic Wheel Coating is a super durable barrier to protect paint from dirt, dust, and more, with outstanding water beading that makes water almost jump off the surface! This nano coating is safe on all wheel finishes and can minimize the chances of creating swirl marks and scratches while driving, washing and drying.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! Proudly crafted in the USA, this state of the art nano ceramic car coating kit is specially designed using the most advanced technologies available. We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and believe that this is THE BEST Ceramic Wheel Coating on the market! If you don’t agree, we’ll do everything we can to make it right.
Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour
- ☑️ WHY GTECHNIQ: C5 Wheel Armour repels brake dust making your rims very easy to keep clean. Based on similar technology as our C1 Crystal Lacquer and C4 Permanent Trim Restorer, C5 provides the best protection for wheels, whether standard or alloys.
- ☑️ EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE: Because of C5s unique, exceptionally fine surface rheology and chemical bonding mechanism, its performance is outstanding.
- ☑️ SCIENCE BEHIND IT: Fine surface rheology gives the coating its excellent stain and contaminant resistance, and the chemical bond formed between the wheel surface and C5 makes the coating durable.
- ☑️ LONG LASTING: You can expect 1-2 years durability from an application of C5 Wheel Armour.
- ☑️ APPLICATION TIPS: Before starting, ensure that you have sufficient product for the job. If you are coating outside faces only, 15ml will be sufficient for rims up to 18". For all other instances we recommend the larger 30ml. Please note that because this is an inorganic coating, it will resist extremely high temperatures so you can also use on brake calipers!
CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coat
- CERAMIC COATING UV PROTECTION: Treat alloy wheels, faded plastic, and rubber trim with CQUARTZ DLUX to restore their rich, glossy finish, and give them the lasting hydrophobic nanotechnology protection these surfaces deserve.
- EXTERIOR PROTECTION FOR YOU CAR'S WHEELS AND TRIM: Perfect for all wheel finishes as well as plastic/rubber/metal/chrome trim, headlights, and tires.
- REVITALIZES TRIM: Darkens faded trim without leaving any unwanted slick greasy residue and protect from future UV damage for month after month
- EXTREME TEMPERATURE RESISTANT: Withstands temperatures of over 800F making it the perfect product for protecting wheels. Average use for 4 wheels and all plastic trim = 10ml. Ideal for all wheel finishes.
- PRODUCTION DATE: The date on the bottle is the PRODUCTION DATE ("Pr" or "PD") written in Day/Month/Yr format (ex. 01/10/2021 is October 01, 2021)
Gold Label Detailing Wheel and Caliper Ceramic Coating
- SCRATCH PROTECTION - Prevents Scratches and Pitting with 9H Hardness
- SUPER HYDROPHOBIC - Water and Oil Slide Right Off
- REPEL BRAKE DUST - Spend Less Time Cleaning
- LONG LASTING - application lasts up to 5 year
- EASY TO APPLY - simply clean, apply with included applicator, and buff
McKee’s 37 Wheel Coating
- McKee's 37 wheel coating resists the effects of brake dust and keeps your wheels protected
- Will keep your wheels cleaner in between regular washes
- You'll be amazed at how effortlessly brake dust is removed, even on brake-dust ridden German sports sedans
Micro Detailer MD Shield HD Wheel
No products found.
Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coating
- Give your rims a superior shine and protection with Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coat, a professional-grade ceramic coating specially designed for all types of wheels.
- Hydrophobic Brilliance: Enjoy the water-repellent benefits of our advanced formula. Rain and dirt simply slide off, leaving your wheels immaculate and reducing maintenance efforts. 9H Hardness Shield: Our ceramic coating forms a hard, durable shield with a 9H hardness rating, safeguarding your wheels against brake dust, road contaminants, and oxidation.
- Long-Lasting Shine: Experience up to 1 to 2 years of lasting gloss and protection. Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coat provides a high-gloss finish that enhances your wheels' appearance. Easy Application: Achieve professional results with ease. Our kit includes everything you need for a seamless application: 20ml of Drexler Ceramic Wheel Coat, application cloth, and clear instructions.
- All Wheel Types: Whether glossy or matte, painted or powder-coated, our versatile formula works on all types of wheels, enhancing their look and protecting against wear and tear. Improved Cleaning: Brake dust and dirt won't stick as before. Enjoy wheels that stay cleaner longer, requiring less effort to keep them looking their best.
- Trusted Performance: Drexler Ceramic is a globally recognized brand known for superior automotive care products. Join a community of detailers and enthusiasts who trust our quality.
To sum up
If you want to make wheel maintenance an easy task, you should definitely consider investing in a quality coating that’ll keep your wheels well-protected and spotlessly clean at all times. Considering that each product listed in our Ceramic Coating For Wheels – 2020 Buyer’s Guide is designed to deliver, you’re bound to find the one that fits your individual needs the best.