If you’re looking to protect the shell of your motorcycle and give it a showroom shine, applying a ceramic coating to it is one of the best things you can do. Instead of taking your bike to the mechanic, you can get the job done yourself.
Ceramic coating is a chemical polymer solution that is applied to the exterior of your bike. Once applied, the product forms an extra layer on top of the paint https://elev8cannabis.com/ambien/ surface which serves as a protectant from external damage. In other words, applying a ceramic coating to your motorcycle means you’ll be less likely to have to deal with nagging scratches and other damages. This is just one of the many benefits ceramic coating brings.
Applying a ceramic coating to your motorcycle makes a lot of sense but before you start, you have to make sure you’ve found the best product for your two-wheeler. With so many products on the market, identifying the one you should get isn’t as easy as it seems. To help you, we came up with a list of the best motorcycle ceramic coating products you can get in 2020.
What to Consider When Choosing Ceramic Coating for Your Motorcycle
Before we start with our list, it’s important to discuss the key things to consider when choosing a ceramic coating for your motorcycle. Some products are advertised as good coating options but they fail at certain aspects that ceramic coating products are supposed to excel at. So, what are the most crucial properties of a ceramic coating? Listed below you’ll find everything the product you opt for should be able to deliver.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when selecting a ceramic coating for your motorcycle is that it’s supposed to have a hardness rating of 9H. If the product is strong enough, it’ll do a better job of protecting the motorcycle’s shell from chemicals, UV rays, and other environmental toxins found on the road.
Ability to Reduce Damage
Another key role of ceramic coating is to create a protective layer that can reduce damage. When the product bonds with the surface well enough, it serves as an invisible shield that protects it from damage.
Can Be Used on All Materials
While people usually associate ceramic coating with motorcycle paint, these products can be applied to all motorcycle surfaces. However, some products haven’t been designed to bond with all materials. For maximum protection, opt for a product that can be used on all surfaces and materials.
Must Be DIY-Friendly
What motorcycle owners love about ceramic coating is that they can apply it on their own. Bear in mind that some products are easier to apply. For a successful application that will provide your two-wheeler with maximum protection, opting for a user-friendly ceramic coating for motorcycles is recommended.
In the world of motorcycle paintwork protection, products come in all price ranges. Whether you’re looking for an affordable ceramic coating or you’re working with a high budget, there are products you can opt for. To make evaluating ceramic coating prices easier, we’ve broken down three price-points the products on our list fall into.
You can get ceramic coating products for less than $30. Products that fall under this category are usually short-term solutions that are easy to apply.
From $30 to $60
Some ceramic coating products on our list can be found at a price between $30 and $60. Falling into this category are mostly spray coatings that can serve as both standalone and maintenance products.
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line ceramic coating product, you might have to spend at least $60. It’s no coincidence the highest-ranked products on the list fall under this category.
Bear in mind that the prices we’ve listed in this post are those we found at the time of writing. With prices changing all the time and manufacturers offering all sorts of discounts throughout the year, it’s a good idea to double-check all the prices before you decide on the product you want to get.
Factors We Took Into Account
With so many products on the market, taking a quick look at a few of them isn’t enough to identify the best product available. To help you make the right decision, we evaluated each product on our list based on several factors that are guaranteed to impact your overall experience with the product. Here’s what we took into account.
This is determined based on how good of a job the product does when it comes to protecting the outer parts of your motorcycle. We also paid attention to how long the product stays on the surface before you’re supposed to reapply it.
Everything from the packaging to the quality of other items in the kit falls under this category. Products with better overall presentation ranked higher on the list.
Taking a look at what previous customers have to say about the product you want to get is a great way to make sure you’ve made the right decision. There’s no need to browse the web for user-generated comments and ratings as we’ve factored in the feedback available online when reviewing each product in the list.
In this section, we’ve combined everything above with the price of the product. Obviously, you should always strive to get the highest value for your money.
Our top 8 picks
Listed below are our selections for the best ceramic coating products available in 2020.
Armor Shield IX
Based on our methodology, Armor Shield IX by Avalon King takes the crown for the best motorcycle ceramic coating product in 2020. As you’ll see later in this post, the product excels at each category we’ve listed above. Vehicle owners from across the globe have fallen in love with its 84 percent SiO2 formula and it’s not a surprise that the product has performed so well this year. Given the quality of the product and the overall value you get, it’s safe to assume Armor Shield IX will remain the best ceramic coating solution on the market for quite some time.
1) Product Quality: As mentioned above, Armor Shield IX is made from 84 percent SiO2, which makes it the strongest product you can get for your two-wheeler. The transparent coat this product forms will last up to five years on your motorcycle. Armor Shield IX is not only durable, it’s hydrophobic and mud repellent as well. Judging by its quality, opting for this product is something you just can’t go wrong with.
2) Presentation: Another thing Armor Shield IX excels at is its overall presentation. The product comes in a high-quality chrome bottle that looks better than any other bottle you’ll find on this list. The packing is solid, ensuring the bottle doesn’t get damaged on the way to your doorstep. The kit has everything you need to apply the product, including protective gloves and an applicator sponge.
3) Customer Feedback: It takes a quick look at the product page on the Avalon King website to see why this product ranked no. 1 on our list. Armor Shield IX has over 1,000 positive reviews on the site and a rating of 4.8 out of 5. This makes it the best-rated product available at the moment.
4) Overall Value: Available for $69.99 per kit with a 30 ml bottle, the product by Avalon King provides the best overall value out of all the products we reviewed. Not only this but if you get multiple kits, you’ll have to spend even less. There’s a “buy two, get one free” deal available on the site that might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Here are the FACTS:
- The best motorcycle ceramic coating you can get in 2020
- Best-rated product on the market
- Made from 84 percent SiO2 formula, the strongest product available
- Unlock a “Buy two, get one free” deal on the Avalon King website
The second on our list is CarPro Cquartz, another product that offers maximum motorcycle paint protection. While this product isn’t rated as high as Armor Shield IX, it’s still quite a popular option among motorcycle owners. Also, CarPro is one of the industry giants and there’s no reason not to trust their products.
1) Product Quality: CarPro’s formulation is 70 percent SiO2, which is why it isn’t as potent as the no. 1 product on our list. However, that’s still enough to protect the shell of your motorcycle. Because there is less quartz in the formula, this product is relatively easy to apply in warm and cold conditions.
2) Presentation: While we liked both the bottle and the packaging, we were unable to find information about whether a towel and gloves are included in the kit. They seem to be a bit fuzzy about it on their site, so you might have to get these items separately.
3) Customer Feedback: On Amazon, CarPro’s Cquartz has a rating of 4.5 out of 5, which is still relatively high. If you hop to the review section, you’ll find user-posted images of the product when applied to both cars and motorcycles.
4) Overall Value: A Cquartz kit with a 50 ml bottle is available on Amazon for $78.99, which is a fairly good deal.
Adam’s UV Ceramic Paint Coating
Another ceramic coating for motorcycles we really liked is the ceramic paint coating brought by Adam’s Polishes. One of the best features of this product is that it comes with Adam’s UV flashlight that makes applying the product a real piece of cake. All you have to do is point the flashlight at your motorcycle and you’ll see where the coating has been applied. In addition, the product offers solid protection and gives the vehicle a showroom shine.
1) Product Quality: Adam’s UV Ceramic Paint Coating offers a 9H hardness, making it a nice option for all motorcycle owners. It lasts approximately two years or 190 washes. As mentioned earlier, the product is extremely easy to apply, due to the UV feature. However, keep in mind that some prep time is required. If you’re looking for a quick short-term solution, Adam’s Ceramic Spray coating is another decent option.
2) Presentation: There are different kits available on the official Adam’s Polishes website. No matter what kit you opt for, you won’t be left disappointed. All kits come with the application equipment and whether or not you want to get the UV flashlight is up to you.
3) Customer Feedback: Holding a rating of 4.6 out of 5, it’s obvious that Adam’s UV Ceramic Paint Coating is another favorite among all vehicle owners.
4) Overall Value: It’s up to you to decide whether you want a UV complete kit with a 50 ml bottle for $105 or a standard ceramic paint kit for $82.
Are you looking for a multipurpose ceramic coating product that’ll ensure your two-wheeler looks absolutely amazing at all times? Nasiol ZR53 might just be the perfect product for you. Using the 9H nanotechnology, the folks at Nasiol have ensured their product offers high durability.
1) Product Quality: As mentioned above, the 9H nanotechnology makes this product highly durable. It’s one of the few ceramic coatings that are resistant to ph13 detergents, which should provide an even better look. Nasiol ZR53 lasts for up to three years, which makes it a long-term solution for your bike.
2) Presentation: We really liked everything about the packaging Nasiol ZR53 comes in. The box has everything you need to apply the product including a microfiber cloth and application pads.
3) Customer Feedback: Unfortunately, Nasiol ZR53 rates only 4.2 out of 5 on Amazon. It appears some of the customers had issues applying the product which is why we advise being extra careful with it. In case you’re not into DIY, opting for a more user-friendly product might make more sense.
4) Overall Value: The price of a single kit with a 50 ml bottle is $199.90, making it one of the pricier options on the market. This might be a bit too much for a not-so user-friendly product but if you know what you’re doing, you’re getting a fair value for the price.
Nexgen Premium Ceramic Coating
Ranked no. 5 on our list is a Premium Ceramic Spray brought by experts at Nexgen. Another highly durable product made from a SiO2 formula, Nexgen Ceramic Spray might be exactly what you’re looking for. In case you want to give your motorcycle some additional shine, the product can be multilayered to create an extremely glossy look.
1) Product Quality: When compared to the products that ranked higher on our list, Nexgen’s spray is only a quick solution. The spray is applied with ease and it lasts up to one year. Some motorcycle owners might find this insufficient, but the protection the product offers during those twelve months is quite high.
2) Presentation: This product isn’t a part of a kit. It comes in a spray bottle that makes the application process extremely easy.
3) Customer Feedback: The product has over 750 ratings on Amazon and has earned 4.3 out of 5 stars.
4) Overall Value: This is where Nexgen Premium Ceramic Coating does well. At $34.95, it’s one of the more affordable options on the market. Combine that with how easy the product is to apply and there’s no surprise it ranks this high on our list.
Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat
Fortify Quick Coat developed by Shine Armor is one of the most popular motorcycle ceramic coating products on Amazon. What motorcycle owners like about it is that it’s a 3-in-1 product that offers wash, coat, and shine – all in just one bottle. Obviously, it’s a quick and short-term solution – but it’s one of the best of the bunch.
1) Product Quality: As you can imagine, the protection you get from Fortify Quick Coat isn’t anywhere near to the protection provided by the top products in this list. However, this product is a quick solution, which is something many motorcycle owners are after. The product can be applied in just 15 minutes and you can expect it to last up to six months. It’s safe for all surfaces, a property that makes it a nice motorcycle exhaust ceramic coating solution.
2) Presentation: The product comes in a form of a spray, in a nice-looking bottle. You can choose to get one bottle alone or a kit with multiple bottles and microfibers.
3) Customer Feedback: With a rating of 4.3 out of 5 on Amazon, Fortify Quick Coat proves to be a decent cheap and short-term ceramic coating solution for motorcycle owners.
4) Overall Value: At just $15.95 per bottle, we have to admit that Shine Armor offers a nice deal. In case you’re after a short-term ceramic coating solution, this might be the product to go for.
Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating Pro
Another ceramic coating product that offers maximum protection is Yocisku’s 9H Nano Ceramic Coating Pro. The product has a high percentage of SiO2, making it another top option for all motorcycle owners. Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating Pro is super-durable and it minimizes the chances of creating scratches and swirl marks.
1) Product Quality: With a high percentage of SiO2, it’s no surprise that Yocisku’s product is one of the safest options you can get at the moment. We were unable to find information on how long the product lasts but according to the manufacturer - it’s “super-durable” and they promote it as a long-term solution.
2) Presentation: Another reason to consider getting this product is that the kit it is packed in is one of the best ones available. The packaging comes with everything you need to detail your motorcycle, including the applicator and protective gloves.
3) Customer feedback: While it looks like Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating offers everything you can wish for in a ceramic coating for motorcycles, it holds a rating of 4.3 out of 5 on Amazon. This means that if you’re looking for a proven ceramic coating solution, some of the higher-rated products might be a safer bet.
4) Overall value: The kit contains a 30ml bottle and comes at just $25.99. Given the price, Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating Pro is another decent option available at the moment.
Ethos Ceramic Wax 9H
In case you’re used to applying wax on your own, Ethos Ceramic Wax 9H is another product worth considering. Made from a unique formula, it lasts longer than other wax products on the market. Obviously, it’s not as strong as the ceramic coating products we talked about earlier but it’s a decent wax option.
1) Product Quality: Looking at other wax products available, Ethos Ceramic Wax 9H really is the best ceramic wax option on the market. According to the manufacturer, the product lasts ten times longer than other ceramic waxes.
2) Presentation: The container Ethos Ceramic Was 9H comes in neat and easy to use package.
3) Customer Feedback: On Amazon, the product is rated 4.7 out of 5. We should also mention that it has over 1,500 user ratings and comments, meaning that you shouldn’t take the number for granted.
4) Overall Value: As we’ve already said, if you’re looking for an alternative to a standard ceramic coating, this ceramic wax is a decent option. At $27.97, you won’t be paying a lot, especially considering how satisfied previous customers seem to be.
The bottom line
The motorcycle ceramic coating market is as competitive as ever. It looks like we’re only about to see even more ceramic coatings appearing and choosing the best product for your two-wheeler will become even more difficult. At the moment, there are products that are clear standouts and if you follow our list, there’s no doubt you’ll choose a good ceramic coating product for your bike.