If you’ve been wondering how you could improve the appearance of your boat, make its surface sleek and shiny, and protect it from the harsh marine environment, we have four magic words for you – ceramic coating for boats.
Quality marine grade ceramic coating is engineered to provide premium protection for your vessel’s surface. Once applied, the product fills in all the pores and imperfections found on the boat’s paintwork and creates a sleek protective layer that enables your boat to effortlessly glide through the water.
However, as there’s an abundance of boat detailing products available on the market, choosing the right one is not always easy. That’s why we decided to carefully examine each marine ceramic coating out there and present you with the 10 top-rated products that offer the best value for money.
Our Ceramic Coating For Boats – 2020 Buyer’s Guide aims to help you select the very best armor for your boat that will help you retain its glory and restore that show-stopping shine every sea dog loves to see.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Ceramic Boat Coating?
The marine environment is one of the most demanding environments. Since your vessel is constantly exposed to salt water, weathering, oxidation, corrosion, dirt, grime, UV rays, calcium, harmful chemicals, and other contaminants, a quality ceramic coating needs to fulfill several major requirements:
1. It Should Provide Outstanding Protection
Once applied, the ceramic coating seals all the existing imperfections, creating a non-porous surface, and forms a thick protective layer on top of your vessel’s paint. This layer acts as a barrier that repels all the contaminants your boat comes into contact with and doesn’t allow them to stick to your vessel’s surface and cause long-term damage and degradation.
2. It Should Be User Friendly and Cost-Effective
Another important trait to consider is how easy it is to apply the coating. No matter whether you’re a detailing professional or a boat enthusiast, having a product that is easy and quick to use saves you precious time and makes boat maintenance fast and fun. Besides being a time-saver, your chosen product should also save you money down the road, so make sure to pick the one that justifies the price.
3. It Should Provide a Beautiful Finish
Along with exceptional protection, a good ceramic coating solution should provide a glossy, mirror-like finish that’ll boost your vessel’s appearance. What’s more, ceramic coating keeps the paint from fading, so it’ll make your boat look like it’s brand new.
4. It Should Be Suitable for Different Surfaces
Finally, a good protective product that is worth the investment should be suitable to be applied to different surfaces, including paintwork, glass, plastic, vinyl, chrome, stainless steel, metal, and so on. This allows you to protect all available boat’s surfaces, as well as restore their former shine.
Ceramic Coating For Boats – Top 10 Reviews
Explaining the Ranking System
When it comes to choosing the very best ceramic coating for boats, we decided to use the following four key points to help us assess each product:
1. Product quality
This is possibly the most important criterion to take into consideration when evaluating any product. Product quality determines the performance, effectiveness, and durability, as well as any other product-specific characteristic. If the manufacturer uses state-of-the-art technologies, quality ingredients, and effective formulation, the product is likely to offer outstanding performance.
As people are visual beings, product presentation is another important aspect that affects the popularity and overall value of each product. Apart from the design and colors used for the packaging, materials matter as well, as they keep the product safe while being stored, shipped, and used.
3. Customer feedback
Customer feedback is crucial for identifying both the strong and weak points of a product and detailed and thorough reviews offer the best insight into the product as a whole.
4. Overall value
The final aspect is overall value – a criterion that combines all of the previously mentioned points with the price of the product in an effort to indicate whether you get your money’s worth or not.
Please note that the prices listed in this Ceramic Coating For Boats – 2020 Buyer’s Guide are the ones found at the time of writing this review. Consult product pages below for information on the latest prices.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating by AvalonKing is a powerful ceramic coating solution that is characterized by its unparalleled performance, high efficiency, and exceptional durability. It is designed to give your vessel long-lasting protection and a mirror-like shine that will boost your boat’s appearance. Thanks to the quality ingredients, advanced nano technology, and effective formulation that contains 84% SiO2, Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is by far the best ceramic coating product that can be found in the market today.
As one of the highest customer-rated products on our list, Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is loved equally by detailing professionals and total amateurs. This comes as no surprise considering the fact that this coating offers everything a sea dog might look for in a product: it delivers unmatched, long-lasting protection, it’s user-friendly and easy to apply, cost-effective, versatile, and provides deep, beautiful gloss.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating creates a strong hydrophobic layer on your vessel’s surface that protects the paintwork against water erosion, water stains, weathering, acid rain, chemicals, dirt, dust, harmful UV rays, and other contaminants known to cause damage. The high content of SiO2, or silicon dioxide, makes this coating the strongest one when compared to the competition.
Another benefit of this amazing coating is that it’s suitable to be applied to different types of surfaces, including paint, glass, chrome surfaces, plastic trims, carbon fiber, vinyl wraps, and PPF. Besides vessels, Armor Shield IX can be used for cars, motorcycles, trucks, SUVs, and four-door vehicles.
Why It's Our Top Pick
1) Product Quality: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is made using the latest nano technology, quality ingredients, and a high concentration of SiO2 nanoparticles. This enables two-year-long protection and amazing shine.
2) Presentation: The packaging is beautifully designed and, besides a 30 ml Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating bottle, the kit contains the following: 3 applicator suedes, an application sponge, a pair of gloves, and a microfiber buffing towel.
3) Customer Feedback: There are 2142 reviews left by customers who tried this ceramic coating and the majority of them would gladly recommend the product to a friend. The product rating is 4.8 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating kit is priced at $69.99 per kit and considering all of the advantages this product has to offer, we believe that it’s definitely worth the investment.
Here Are The Facts:
- Delivers high performance even in the most demanding marine environments.
- It has the highest SiO2 concentration - 84%.
- It is a very durable ceramic coating that lasts for up to 2 years if applied properly.
- Creates a strong hydrophobic layer that repels both water and dirt.
HydroSilex Marine Ceramic Coating
HydroSilex Marine Ceramic Coating is a ceramic coating spray designed to provide all-round protection for your watercraft, yacht, or boat. This marine product creates a slick layer on your vessel’s surface that has extraordinary hydrophobic and self-cleaning properties. It keeps the water and other contaminants at bay and creates a glossy shine you’re going to love.
HydroSilex Marine Ceramic Coating is easy and quick to apply and lasts between 6 and 12 months. Once applied, the coating guards against salt water, barnacles, harmful UV rays, dirt, and other contaminants.
Why It's Our Second Pick
1) Product Quality: HydroSilex Marine Ceramic Coating uses quality ingredients and the latest technology to provide excellent performance, longevity, and effectiveness. The product is designed to create a highly resistant surface that prevents dirt build-up and water damage.
2) Presentation: The product has a distinctive blue color and comes in a transparent, modernly designed bottle that makes the application process easy and quick.
3) Customer Feedback: This ceramic coating is rated by 45 customers, while 19 of them decided to leave their feedback. The overall score is 4.8.
4) Overall Value: With the price of $74.99 for a 32 oz bottle, HydroSilex Marine Ceramic Coating is a good value for your money.
Liquid Crystal Armour HD
Liquid Crystal Armour HD is a high-quality, heavy-duty nano ceramic coating by Marine Nano Shop made specifically for applications in demanding marine environments. This marine grade coating is engineered to guard the boat’s surface against damage caused by salt water, stains, harsh environment, dirt, chemicals, UV sun rays, and other pollutants. With 9H coating hardness, the product provides protection that can last for up to 3 years.
What’s more, Liquid Crystal Armour HD provides a deep gloss that’ll keep your vessel looking shiny and new for an extended period of time. The coating is easy to apply and does not require you to possess any previous detailing experience, which makes it the perfect choice for beginners.
Why It's Our Third Pick
1) Product Quality: Liquid Crystal Armour HD is a SiO2 coating formulated with quality ingredients and designed to be durable. It is suitable to be used on stainless steel, plastic, glass, and rubber.
2) Presentation: A neatly designed see-through bottle allows us to see the product’s cool green color. The bottle is easy to use and the design minimizes the chances of spillage.
3) Customer Feedback: Although there are only 3 reviews available so far, the customers seem to be very satisfied and the product rating is 5 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: Liquid Crystal Armour HD is quite an expensive product - a 50 ml bottle comes at a price of $449.99. However, it does offer good protection and longevity.
Boat Juice Exterior Cleaner Ceramic Sealant
Boat Juice Exterior Cleaner Ceramic Sealant is a 2-in-1 cleaning and protection solution enriched with SiO2 nanoparticles for better performance. This marine spray efficiently removes water marks and mineral deposits and forms a thick barrier that gives your vessel a beautiful gloss and great protection.
Boat Juice Exterior Cleaner Ceramic Sealant is easy to use and can be applied to both dry and wet surfaces. No rinsing is required once you spray the product. It is suitable to be applied on all types of finishes, including glass, plastic, chrome, vinyl, and gelcoat.
Why It's Our Fourth Pick
1) Product Quality: Boat Juice Exterior Cleaner Ceramic Sealant contains high-grade polymer wax that enables extra protection and leaves your vessel’s surface glossy.
2) Presentation: The packaging looks great - it is well-designed and has a recognizable logo. The nozzle helps direct the spray, which facilitates the application of the product.
3) Customer Feedback: There are more than 400 ratings, and many customers left their detailed reviews. The biggest complaint is that the product does not create enough shine. The product rates 4.4 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: A 32 oz sprayer bottle costs $19.99, which makes this boat cleaner a great cost-effective solution.
HydroCharge Ceramic Spray Coating
HydroCharge Ceramic Spray Coating by Chemical Guys is an easy-to-apply DIY solution designed to provide a sleek, glossy finish. This coating solution is formulated with SiO2, which helps it fill in all the pores and create an extremely slick hydrophobic layer. The layer acts as a protective barrier and helps repel water, calcium, oxidation, corrosion, fallout, dust, dirt, grime, UV rays, and other harmful contaminants.
What’s more, HydroCharge Ceramic Spray Coating adds depth to the existing paintwork and creates a beautiful, deep gloss. Besides boats, this product is suitable for cars and motorcycles. Its effects last for up to a year.
Why It's Our Fifth Pick
1) Product Quality: HydroCharge Ceramic Spray Coating uses SiO2 enriched formula for better performance and greater protection. It is a durable coating loved by both detailing professionals and boat enthusiasts.
2) Presentation: Transparent bottle, eye-catching label, and vibrant blue color are something that certainly doesn’t go unnoticed. The nozzle is designed to help with the application, and the label contains all the necessary product information and operational instructions.
3) Customer Feedback: The product has an average rating of 4.6, with a total of 563 ratings. Customer reviews are mostly positive, while the biggest complaint is that the solution doesn’t last as long as advertised.
4) Overall Value: With the price of $39.99 per bottle, you’ll get your money’s worth.
Migliore Acqua Coating
Migliore Acqua Coating is a marine coating solution engineered with the help of the state-of-the-art nano ceramic sealant technology for extra durability and protection. It is enriched with hydrophobic properties that help create a sleek protective layer on your vessel’s surface that helps stave off salty water, algae, dirt, grime, and other contaminants.
Moreover, Migliore Acqua Coating fills in the existing surface imperfections and creates a smooth layer that reduces surface tension and improves both the performance and appearance of your vessel. Also, this ceramic coating for boats offers 12 months long protection and is suitable for both detailing experts and novices.
Why It's Our Sixth Pick
1) Product Quality: Migliore Acqua Coating is formulated specifically to provide protection to vessels exposed to demanding underwater environments. Quality ingredients and the latest ceramic coating technology enable this product to last for up to a year.
2) Presentation: The product packaging is sleek and attractive, whereas the bottle is neatly designed and easy to use. One bottle is enough for a 20-25 ft vessel.
3) Customer Feedback: There are 3 customer reviews available so far, and an average score is 4.4.
4) Overall Value: Migliore Acqua Coating is available at a price of $147.75, which is a bit expensive considering the product needs to be reapplied every year.
Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating
Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating is specifically designed to be used in marine environments. It provides excellent protection and keeps the vessel’s surface free from all common contaminants. This ceramic coating for boats is very hydrophobic and acts as a water repellent. Once applied, the product repairs any surface imperfections which increases the vessel’s performance.
In addition, Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating is user friendly and very easy to apply, which makes it ideal for detailing beginners. The product is quite durable and is known to last for around 18 months.
Why It's Our Seventh Pick
1) Product Quality: Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating is a long-lasting, quality product, that uses the latest coating technology to achieve improved protection.
2) Presentation: The packaging looks great, the bottle has a modern design, and it is made of quality materials that help prevent spillage.
3) Customer Feedback: There are only 5 customer reviews, and the average score of 3.7 is something that should be taken seriously.
4) Overall Value: The product price depends on the volume - a 50 ml bottle is sold for $85.00, a 120 ml bottle costs $165.00, a 160 ml bottle is $195.00, whereas a 250 ml bottle is the most affordable and costs $295.00. All in all, Glidecoat Marine Ceramic Coating is a solid boat detailing product.
Boat Wax Sealant Hybrid Ceramic Spray
Boat Wax Sealant Hybrid Ceramic Spray by the Better Boat is a sealant formulated with the help of SiO2 ceramic technology which makes the product more efficient and helps prolong its durability. This ceramic spray is enriched with hydrophobic properties and, once applied, creates a thick protective layer that repels various contaminants and causes water beading. In addition, the product enhances the vessel’s paintwork and leaves behind a gloss that’ll make your boat look brand new.
The application is quite easy - you just need to spray the product on a wet surface and wash it off. You’ll be left with a mirror-like shine and excellent protection that is said to last for up to a year.
Why It's Our Eighth Pick
1) Product Quality: Boat Wax Sealant Hybrid Ceramic Spray is a marine grade product developed by boaters and formulated with quality ingredients and top-notch technology to ensure excellent performance.
2) Presentation: The product comes in a transparent bottle of a clean, simple design, and the label contains the basic product information and detailed operating instructions.
3) Customer Feedback: There are 21 ratings in total and the average score of 3.8 tells us that not all users are satisfied with the product.
4) Overall Value: Considering a very affordable price of $17.99 per bottle, this product is definitely worth trying out.
Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating
Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating is a protective spray that uses a quality ceramic formula for providing all-round protection, efficiency, and durability. Once applied, it creates a protective barrier that keeps water, oxidation, dirt, and other harmful pollutants away from the vessel’s surface and can last throughout the season.
What’s more, Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating protects your vessel from weathering, as it absorbs harmful UV rays. It can be used for boats and RVs and applied to various surfaces, including windows, wheels, trim, trailers, and hull. Also, it’s user friendly, which makes it ideal for detailing novices.
Why It's Our Ninth Pick
1) Product Quality: Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating uses advanced technology and effective formulation to meet the requirements of demanding marine environments.
2) Presentation: The black spray bottle is designed to make the application quick and easy, and the nozzle allows you to direct the spray wherever you like.
3) Customer Feedback: The product has an overall score of 4.4 and those who left their feedback are mostly satisfied with its performance.
4) Overall Value: The price differs based on the volume you need. For a 22 oz bottle, the price is $25.56, whereas a gallon costs $73.85. All in all, the product is a good value for your money.
Marine Maxx MMX-Multi SiO2 All-Purpose Ceramic Coating Spray
Marine Maxx MMX-Multi SiO2 All-Purpose Ceramic Coating Spray is a ceramic boat coating product designed to prevent paint from fading, keep contaminants away from the boat surface, and provide a beautiful glossy finish. By creating a thick hydrophobic film, the product staves off all the contaminants found in the marine environment and prevents surface degradation.
In addition, this ceramic coating for boats is great for both detailing experts and complete beginners, as it is very easy to use. It can be applied to virtually any surface, including glass, gelcoat, plastic, vinyl, stainless steel, and metal.
Why It's Our Tenth Pick
1) Product Quality: The product is engineered with the latest ceramic coating technology that provides excellent protection against harmful pollutants. The formulation contains UV blockers that keep the paintwork from fading.
2) Presentation: The packaging is neat and simple, and the bottle is easy to use and user friendly.
3) Customer Feedback: For now, the product has only one review, followed by an average score of 5 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: The product price is $36.97, which seems like a good deal.
If you’re a proud boat owner looking to restore your vessel’s shine and keep it protected at all times, choosing a reliable, durable, and effective ceramic coating for boats is your safest bet. To ensure the optimal result and make boat maintenance an activity you’ll enjoy, pick smart and weigh both advantages and disadvantages of each ceramic boat coating from the list before making the final decision.