The high-altitude environment isn’t exactly the best for your aircraft’s appearance. In fact, there are all sorts of factors that can impair both its looks and performance. This includes everything from bird and insect contaminants to UV rays.
The best way to prevent this from happening is to do everything you can to protect the outer parts of your plane. All jet owners will be happy to hear that this can be done DIY-style. All you need is a good ceramic coating for planes and a lot of free time. If you have the right product and you’re ready to invest time into it, it can turn out to be an amazing and effective project to work on. However, there are so many ceramic coatings on the market, and not all of them can handle the altitude aircraft fly in. Therefore, you have to make sure you opt for a ceramic coating product that has been designed either only for planes or all vehicles including planes.
Identifying the best ceramic coating for you also isn’t as easy as you would’ve imagined. To help you, we reviewed the best aircraft ceramic coating products on the market and ranked them, starting with our favorite. Check out the list below to find the ultimate ceramic coating product for your plane.
Top 6 Ceramic Coating for Planes Review
Explaining the Ranking System
Before we start reviewing products one by one, let’s take a look at the formula we used to evaluate each product on the list. We believe these four major points are the key to plane ceramic coatings and here’s why.
1. The quality of the product
The first thing we looked at when reviewing each of these six products is the formula behind it. The way the product has been designed usually directly affects the longevity of the coating, which is critical when it comes to aircraft.
2. Customer feedback
There are not so many plane owners online and any information provided by one can be extremely helpful when selecting the best product for your jet. The good news is that you don’t have to spend hours looking for information online as we’ve checked out ratings and comments made about each product on our list.
Obviously, the product price is one of the key things to keep in mind when looking for the best ceramic coating for your plane. You should always look to get the most value for your money and we’ll help you do exactly that. While creating this list, we looked at each product’s price and how it aligns with what the product provides.
Another important thing to mention before we move on is that the prices listed in this post are those listed by the manufacturer at the time of writing. They are subject to change and it’s advised to check the prices yourself before deciding on the product you want to buy.
4. Online presence
Often overlooked by customers, the online presence of the company you’re buying from can be a deciding factor in how enjoyable your ceramic coating project turns out to be. Some brands pay a lot of attention to their presence on the internet and turning to one of them is usually a great idea. If you need any help or additional information about the product, you’ll have several ways to reach out to them.
What are the Benefits of a Ceramic Plane Coating?
Another thing we wanted to talk about before showing you our list of the best plane ceramic coating products are the benefits they bring. We briefly discussed this earlier in this post but there are more things a ceramic coating does other than just protect the outer parts of your plane. With that said, let’s check out what ceramic coating can do for your aircraft.
1. Paint protection
When applied to the shell of your plane, ceramic coating bonds with it and creates a new layer that serves as protection. That extra layer can prevent all sorts of damages that might affect the overall look of your jet. With so many potential damages in high altitudes, this may be exactly what you needed to make the paint on your plane stay intact. Designed to protect the paint, the ceramic coating can also help protect other outer parts of your plane.
Many people enjoy detailing their aircraft. Quite often, they apply regular wax which doesn’t do that good of a job when it comes to protecting the plane. Not only this, but ceramic coating is known to last longer, also increasing the lifetime of your paint. When choosing the ceramic coating product for your plane, keep in mind that ceramic coating longevity depends on the product quality.
3. Easy to clean
Owning an aircraft is an experience, and most owners see cleaning them as reconnecting with one of their favorite treasures. Still, cleaning your jet can be time-consuming, and finding a way to make it easier to clean is generally a good idea. Luckily, ceramic coating does exactly that. When you apply it to your plane, you’ll see that the process of washing it becomes easier and less time-consuming. Just bear in mind that you still need to take off any jewelry and your watch when washing it, to prevent leaving scratches and swirls on your precious bird.
It does take a significant amount of money to maintain a plane. Spare parts can be tough to find and most of the time, you need a good mechanic who’ll help you out. Therefore, finding new ways to save money can come in handy. One of the benefits of ceramic coating is that, while products may be more expensive than regular wax products, they help you reduce your spending in the long run. It’s just that it’ll take more time before you’re supposed to get new bottles and apply them.
Last, but definitely not least, is how much an airplane ceramic coating product can do for your plan in terms of looks. Not only that there won’t be any scratches, hurting the plane’s appearance, but the ceramic coating will keep it looking sleek and shiny, which is exactly what every plane owner wants.
Our List of the Best Plane Ceramic Coating Products for 2020
Next you’ll find our list of the best plane ceramic coating products for 2020, starting from the one that has left the strongest impression on us.
Armor Shield IX
- Wraparound tread gives a rugged look and increases puncture resistance
- Deep two-step sipes extend tread life and increase performance on wet roads
- Tiered side grooves for more predictable cornering.Max Single Load(lbs):2601
- 7-8% wider footprint than the competition for increased road contact and grip
- 4 ply construction
Gtechniq CSL Crystal Serum Light
- ☑️ Best possible swirl mark and chemical resistance from a prosumer grade product.
- ☑️ Provides paint protection with previously un-achievable levels of gloss, durability, scratch and chemical resistance.
- ☑️ Compared to standard ceramic coatings, Crystal Serum forms a relatively thick combined film which greatly reduces surface hazing and improves gloss.
- ☑️ Considered the thickest, most durable true ceramic coating in the industry. A coating so hard that if applied incorrectly can only be removed by using 1,500 grit sand paper.
- ☑️ When applied correctly it can last for up to 5 years.
- Sapphire V1 Nano Ceramic coating offers the most advanced protective coating available to the aviation industry. Our aircraft specific formula is easy to apply and is guaranteed to protect your aircraft paint for years. Unlike Teflon, Reactive Polymers and Wax, Sapphire V1 provides a permanent, 9H hard, durable and crystal clear protective coating with unmatched shine and gloss.
- 9H Hardness for Scratch and Abrasion Resistance
- Hydrophobic (water shedding properties)
- 1200 Degree F. Temperature Resistance
- Prevents Oxidation (fading of paint)
- ✅ Enhanced durability up to 3 YEARS (LIFELONG if boosted with Nasiol MetalCoat F2 once a year) for car paint protection.
- ✅ Crystal Gloss Reflection (CGR) with a distinct silky feeling.
- ✅ Advanced scratch resistance with 10H pencil hardness.
- ✅ High hydrophobicity, chemical and UV resistance.
- ✅ All equipment is included in the product box.
Clear Coat – Ceramic Finishing Spray
- ✅ PROTECTS HARD SURFACES - Our hydrophobic spray coating works great on any type of vehicle. Use it for cars, motorcycles, RVs, planes, or boats and give them a glossy shine and high UV index protection!
- ✅ UP TO 12 MONTHS OF PROTECTION - The revolutionary Si14 technology in our hydrophobic ceramic spray results in excellent adhesion and a durable coating that lasts longer than its SiO2 alternatives.
- ✅ LAYERS OVER WAX & SEALANTS - You can directly spray this automotive ceramic clear coat over other car care products without worry. Our formula ensures that the coat will bond to the surface and won't wash off.
- ✅ MULTI-PURPOSE PROTECTIVE COATING - Our non-silicone-based spray coating can be safely used on hard and sensitive surfaces including glass, gel coats, chrome, composite, fabric aircraft, plastic, and leather.
- ✅ NO-FRILLS APPLICATION - No extensive preparation needed! Just clean the surface to be treated and spray. Distribute the ceramic coat using a microfiber towel and buff with a dry rag for that awesome shine!
Nano Bond PRO
- ✔ CAR MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST: This car care kit works as a shield for your car and provides a great finish, while also being very easy to use! It will give your vehicle that desirable "glass" like finish. This car polisher kit includes 1 Liquid Ceramic Coat bottle, 1 Sponge, 1 Microfiber towel, 1 microsuede applicator, and gloves.
- ✔ A SHIELD FOR YOUR CAR: This Car Nano Ceramic Coating Liquid allows you to easily clean and prevent your vehicles paint and plastic surface against sun fading, scratches, dirt, acid rain, and water spots. 9H Ceramic pro includes UV inhibitors to guard your vehicle's paint against harmful UV rays that can fade and damage the paint. This will help your vehicle retain gloss and shine.
- ✔ HYDROPHOBIC PROPERTIES: 9H PRO Ceramic Paint Coating is a durable barrier to keep your car's paint safe from dirt and bonded contaminants, with outstanding water beading that makes water almost jump off the surface! Most Ceramic Liquid contains 30% SIO2 but our liquid contains almost 80% pure SIO2.
- ✔ PERFECT KIT FOR A SHINING CAR: The car care kit includes everything you need for ceramic coating car detailing. One PRO Liquid Ceramic Coating, one Sponge, one Microfiber towel, one Upgraded microsuede applicator, and gloves. This full ceramic coating kit keeps your car's paint, glass, and wheels safe and gives a amazing super glossy shine for almost 3 years.
- ✔ EASY TO USE: Make sure the surface is clean, dry, and scratch-free before applying the product. Wrap the cloth over the coating sponge; Put coat liquid on the cloth; Spread the liquid on the car; Wait for 1-2 minutes for the liquid to dry; Use the towel to wipe and polish the sponge over the coated fabric.
Each airplane ceramic coating product on this list is a great option for aircraft owners. When applied, the ceramic coating will provide your plane with all the protection it needs and give it a bright shine. Also, working your jet is one of the best DIY experiences you can get, and applying the product will, without a doubt, be a fun challenge.