Protecting your vehicle’s paintwork is a must if you want your car to have that brand-new look and feel everyone loves. In order to keep your car well-protected and give it the shine it deserves, you’ll need to invest in automobile paint protection.
However, choosing the right protection is not an easy task. Every car owner interested in car care products struggles to find the best auto paint protection solution available in the crowded market. The choice is huge and there is a significant number of brands that claim their products are the ones offering the best possible results. So, how to know who to trust?
To help you out, we’ve decided to draw up a list of the ultimate 10 car paint protection products that will surely boost your car’s appearance and value.
Keep reading to find out more!
How to Choose the Best Car Paint Protection Solution?
There are several things you need to consider when choosing the best auto paint protection for you. You’ll want to purchase a product that:
1) Protects Your Vehicle’s Paintwork
Look for a paint sealant that forms a thick protective shield that keeps the vehicle’s surface safe from the damage caused by external pollutants and destructive elements, including bird droppings, tree saps, road grime, dust, dirt, UV rays, and water. Once applied, a protective coating will save you a lot of time, effort, and money you would otherwise spend on fixing the damage and trying to upgrade your paintwork.
2) Can Be Used on Multiple Surfaces
It’s best to choose a product that is able to bond to various surfaces, including paint, glass, plastic, chrome, vinyl wraps, headlights, and other materials commonly affected by contaminants.
3) Has a long-lasting effect
Opting for a durable product is always a good idea because it will help you reduce the time and money you typically spend on car maintenance.
4) Doesn’t Take Too Long to Apply
Consider choosing an easy-to-apply, user-friendly automobile paint protection solution that sets in fairly quickly, as it will prove to be much more efficient.
Reviews Of The Top 10 Car Paint Protection Solutions For 2020
Explaining the Ranking System
We’ve based our choice on the following four ranking criteria: product quality, presentation, customer feedback, and overall value.
1. Product quality
Product quality is the biggest concern for everyone looking to purchase a reliable paint protectant. That’s why we decided to assess the strength, longevity, effectiveness, level of protection, and surface shine each product has to offer. This mostly depends on the technologies and ingredients used in product formulation, as they affect the overall quality of the final product.
The way a product is presented matters a lot. Materials used for the packaging, type of design, ease of use, as well as information included are all used to determine the overall worth of the product in question.
3. Customer feedback
Both positive and negative reviews can be used to evaluate the product and learn more about its advantages and disadvantages, which is very helpful when trying to make a final decision.
4. Overall value
Overall value is assigned based on all the factors mentioned above combined with the product’s price. This criterion is used to assess whether a product is worth your time and money or not.
However, please note that the prices mentioned here are found at the time of writing this Car Paint Protection 2020 Buyer’s Guide. In order to check the latest prices, please visit the individual product pages found below.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating by AvalonKing is designed to form a strong protective barrier that will shield your vehicle’s surface and provide long-lasting protection against various environmental pollutants. But that’s not all - once applied, Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating gives your vehicle a show-stopping gloss that’s hard to go unnoticed. Considering the outstanding quality this ceramic coating possesses, no wonder it has been chosen as the best auto paint protection product by both car enthusiasts and detailing professionals.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is formulated with the highest quality ingredients and uses the latest nanotechnology to ensure premium protection that is crucial if you want to retain the value of your vehicle. It protects your paintwork from the damages caused by weathering, UV sun rays, acid rain, bird droppings, dirt, dust, and mechanical damage such as scratching. What’s more, this product has extraordinary hydrophobic properties designed to protect the paintwork against water erosion and water spots.
This car paint protection product is available as a part of an amazing kit that includes the following: a 30 ml Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating bottle, an application sponge, a pair of nitrile gloves, 3 applicator suedes, and a microfiber buffing cloth. The kit provides you with everything you need for giving your car the shine and protection it deserves.
What’s more, Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating works great not only on paint, but on plastic trims, windows, vinyl wraps, chrome surfaces, PPF, carbon fiber, and wheels as well. You can apply this product to cars, SUVs, motorcycles, trucks, four-door vehicles, and vessels.
Why It's Our Top Pick
1) Product Quality: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating uses high-quality ingredients known for their effectiveness in keeping the vehicle surfaces protected. Besides protection, this ceramic coating provides a mirror-like gloss that is known to last for up to 2 years if applied properly.
2) Presentation: The packaging is made out of quality materials and its minimalistic design gives the entire kit a contemporary, luxurious feel.
3) Customer Feedback: Over 2,000 mostly satisfied customers have left their feedback so far and the product has a score of 4.8 out of 5, which makes it one of the highest customer-rated paint protectants out there.
4) Overall Value: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating kit comes at an amazing price of $69.99 per kit. Considering the kit contents, quality of the product, as well as its longevity, it’s truly a great value for your money.
Here Are The Facts:
- Armor Shield IX offers outstanding protection that lasts 2 years.
- It is suitable for multiple surfaces and different vehicles and vessels.
- Prevents your vehicle’s paint from fading.
- Offers a show-stopping, mirror-like gloss.
Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat
Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is a great three-in-one automobile paint protection solution suitable for both detailing experts and novices alike. Once applied, the spray forms a protective ceramic coating on the vehicle’s surface that has excellent hydrophobic properties and leaves the surface shiny and glossy, without causing any smears and scratches. What’s more, it effectively removes grime, grease, and dirt, keeping your paintwork looking brand new for up to 3 months.
Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is a gentle car care product, which will cause no damage to your vehicle’s paint. In addition, this coating spray can be used on other exterior surfaces as well and is suitable for motorcycles, four-wheelers, RVs, and boats.
Why It's Our Second Pick
1) Product Quality: Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat uses the latest SiO2 ceramic coating technology and quality ingredients to achieve optimal results and a beautiful high gloss finish. However, some of the reviewers claim that the glossy effect lasts less than the expected 3 months, which is a bit of a letdown.
2) Presentation: The product bottle is transparent, which lets us see the spray’s cool purple color right away. The nozzle facilitates the application process, making this product very easy to use.
3) Customer Feedback: With almost 34,000 customer reviews available, Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: This car paint protection spray comes at a price of $19.95 per bottle, and if we take into account the product’s main features, this seems like a very good deal.
Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant and Paint Protectant
Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant and Paint Protectant is one of the top-rated automobile paint protection DIY solutions on the market. It is designed to bond with your vehicle’s surface and create a shiny protective shield that can last up to a year. The product is easy to use and can be applied either by hand or using a machine.
This solution protects your paintwork against discoloration, water damage, UV sun rays, and other common contaminants. It can endure extreme temperatures and harsh weather conditions, which makes it ideal for airplanes. Additionally, the product is suitable for motorcycles, cars, RVs, and trucks.
Why It's Our Third Pick
1) Product Quality: Chemical Guys JetSeal Paint Sealant and Paint Protectant is formulated with high-quality synthetic nano-tech polymers that help create a strong and durable protective layer on the vehicle’s surface. There are, however, complaints about the product’s longevity and ability to repel water.
2) Presentation: The packaging is neatly designed and has quite a modern look, while the bottle is easy to use.
3) Customer Feedback: There are more than 2,000 reviews left by those who tried this paint sealant and protectant. The overall score is 4.7.
4) Overall Value: The price of $38.99 for a 16 oz bottle seems good value if the product needs to be reapplied not more often than every 12 months.
Bead Maker Paint Protectant
Bead Maker Paint Protectant by P&S Detailing Products is a professional detailing product that is loved by both professionals and enthusiasts equally. This paint sealant has the characteristics and quality of a professional product, but its ease of application makes it perfect for complete beginners. It is designed to provide protection against water, dirt, and UV rays while giving the surface a mirror-like gloss.
Bead Maker Paint Protectant is suitable for cars, ATVs, RVs, vessels, and airplanes. Also, it can be used on virtually any exterior surface, including paint, glass, plastic, rubber, and metal. No matter whether it’s applied to a wet or dry surface, the product gives your vehicle or vessel a long-lasting and glossy finish.
Why It's Our Fourth Pick
1) Product Quality: Thanks to the latest polymer monomer technology, the product forms a shiny, water beading layer that is said to last around 6 months. A combination of UV filters and UV stabilizers prevents the damage caused by harmful UV rays.
2) Presentation: Although the packaging varies depending on whether you opt for a gallon or a quarter of a gallon spray bottle, the design is clean and has the basic product information printed on the label.
3) Customer Feedback: There are around 3,500 customers willing to share their feedback and 86% of them are satisfied with the product. It is ranked 4.8, which is quite an impressive score.
4) Overall Value: The total price depends on the volume - a pint costs $10.60, a quart is $19.95, whereas a gallon is sold for $32.00. All things considered, the overall value is pretty good.
TriNova Paint Sealant
TriNova Paint Sealant is an automobile paint protection solution engineered to stave off acid rain, road salt, bird droppings, water, and UV rays while keeping your vehicle’s surface nice and shiny. It is easy and quick to use and leaves a glossy finish once applied. You can apply the product either by hand or with the help of an orbital polisher.
TriNova Paint Sealant is designed to give your paintwork a pop of color it deserves while offering excellent protection for up to 12 months. It works great on cars and motorcycles and leaves a pleasant smell behind.
Why It's Our Fifth Pick
1) Product Quality: State-of-the-art coating technology allows the product to create a durable bond with the treated surface, resulting in great protection against contaminants. In addition, synthetic polymers help prevent the damage caused by harmful UV rays and provide a high-gloss finish.
2) Presentation: TriNova Paint Sealant comes in an elegantly designed bottle, with clear operating instructions and product details.
3) Customer Feedback: There are around 300 mostly satisfied users who shared their in-depth reviews, some even illustrated with images. The average ranking is 4.5.
4) Overall Value: With the price of $24.99 for an 18 oz bottle, we’d say this product is definitely worth your money.
Meguiar’s M20 Mirror-Glaze Polymer Sealant
Meguiar's M20 Mirror-Glaze Polymer Sealant is a durable hybrid wax blend engineered to maintain the glossy appearance of your vehicle. It is powerful enough to be able to remove slight surface damage, such as light oxidation, stains, small scratches, and fresh water spots. Once applied, it leaves a shiny protective layer that offers long-lasting protection.
The product is safe for all types of glossy paint finishes, especially older lacquer and enamel ones. The sealant is easy to use and can be applied either by hand, DA variable speed polisher, or rotary buffer.
Why It's Our Sixth Pick
1) Product Quality: Meguiar's M20 Mirror-Glaze Polymer Sealant is formulated with quality waxes, polymers, and silicones so as to provide lasting protection. As a result, this professional-grade cleaner is loved by both detailing professionals and car enthusiasts.
2) Presentation: The product bottle has a clean, transparent design, it’s easy to use, and provides detailed product information and instructions.
3) Customer Feedback: With nearly 270 user reviews, 79% satisfied customers, and an average rating of 4.7, no wonder we’ve decided to include Meguiar's M20 Mirror-Glaze Polymer Sealant in our best auto paint protection list.
4) Overall Value: The product is priced at $42.99 for a 64 oz bottle - a great value for your money.
Epic Elements Protect Superior Ceramic Coating
Epic Elements Protect Superior Ceramic Coating is a quick and effective automobile paint protection solution that has excellent hydrophobic properties. The product forms a thick coating that protects against weathering, bird droppings, acid rain, UV rays, sunspots, tree sap, industrial fall out, dirt, grime, and other contaminants.
This paint sealant is suitable to be applied to any exterior surface and can be used as a care product for paint coating, glass coating, windows, and headlights. The application is simple - just spray it on the desired surface and use a microfiber cloth to remove it. Besides protecting your vehicle, this ceramic coating gives it a beautiful glossy finish.
Why It's Our Seventh Pick
1) Product Quality: Epic Elements Protect Superior Ceramic Coating has a SiO2 enriched formula that enables it to form a hydrophobic coating that offers good protection and deep shine.
2) Presentation: The bottle has a contemporary, see-through design, whereas the product itself is a cool blue color. The nozzle helps direct the spray and facilitates application.
3) Customer Feedback: Currently, there are 1,715 user reviews that are mostly positive. The average score is 4.5 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: For $18.91 a bottle and a satisfaction guarantee, this product is definitely worth your while.
303 Automotive Spray Wax
3D Poxy Paint Sealant
3D Poxy Paint Sealant is a high-quality car wax made out of mined fossilized montan wax, which is more durable and temperature resistant than carnauba wax. The product is designed to offer long-lasting protection and provide showroom shine and glossiness both car enthusiasts and professionals are looking for.
3D Poxy Paint Sealant works great for RVs and is safe to be used on paint, metal, plastic, and chrome surfaces. The method of application is easy and quick - the wax can be applied simply by hand or using a DA polisher or a soft foam pad.
Why It's Our Ninth Pick
1) Product Quality: 3D Poxy Paint Sealant is made of high-quality, natural ingredients and does not contain any harmful chemicals. However, a more detailed list of ingredients would be great. If applied properly, the product provides good protection and a glossy finish.
2) Presentation: This paint sealant comes in a clean, neatly-looking, quality packaging that keeps the product from spilling in transport.
3) Customer Feedback: 358 customers have left their feedback and some even illustrated it with an image or two. The average product ranking is 4.7.
4) Overall Value: The product price differs based on the bottle size, so for an 8 oz bottle, the price is $10.02, a 16 oz bottle is priced at $19.99, and a 32 oz bottle costs $31.99. Just bear in mind that the product is said to last between 1 and 2 months.
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
There you have it – the list of the top 10 car paint protection solutions for the year 2020. Although the competition is fierce, we’ve managed to choose the best brands on the market based on our carefully selected ranking criteria. Each product listed here provides excellent protection, performance, and shine, so no matter which one you opt for we believe that you’ll surely get your money’s worth.