Since recreational vehicles are typically exposed to more demanding driving conditions and often driven on dirt roads and mountainous terrains, it’s only natural they require a greater level of protection. That’s why a quality ceramic coating for RV is a must-have product every owner needs to have in their garage.
There are many coatings designed to be applied to RVs and some are more effective than others. Finding the right ceramic coating is not always easy, especially if you have no idea what features to look for or what brands offer the best products.
No need to worry, though – we prepared a list of absolutely the best RV ceramic coating solutions in 2020 that are known for their excellent performance and outstanding protection.
Things to Consider When Purchasing RV Ceramic Coating
There are a couple of things you need to take into account when choosing the right ceramic coating for your RV.
1. Performance and Protection
The first thing to pay attention to is how well a product performs. You’ll want a coating that is efficient and can perform even under the most severe conditions. When applied, the coating should form a protective layer powerful enough to guard your RV against water, oxidation, corrosion, rust, road dirt, grime, dust, weathering, UV rays, and other pollutants.
Longevity should be next on your list of priorities. In order to save money on maintenance, as well as the time needed to coat an entire RV, make sure to pick a product that provides long-lasting protection. Such coatings might seem more costly at first, but they always pay off over time.
The ideal product is the one suitable to fit not only RVs but other vehicles or vessels as well. You never know when you might need to coat your car or a boat if you have one. Additionally, it’s great if your RV ceramic coating is applicable to different surfaces, such as glass, paint, stainless steel, plastic, metal, chrome, vinyl, and so on.
Take time to assess the price-quality ratio of the product you wish to purchase – look for a coating that offers great results and comes at a reasonable price. Remember – you should aim to get your money’s worth at the end.
RV Ceramic Coating Reviews For 2020
Explaining the Ranking System
When assessing each ceramic coating for RV, we were mostly focused on the following four aspects:
1. Product quality
One of the key aspects of every RV ceramic coating is its quality. High-quality products are those that use the best ingredients, the most effective formulations, and the latest technologies in an effort to satisfy customers’ expectations and they are always well worth the investment.
Although you might not realize it, product presentation plays a great role when it comes to product evaluation. Everything matters – from the visual aspect, design, and colors, to the quality of materials used for packaging.
3. Customer feedback
Feedback left by both satisfied and dissatisfied customers reveals all that you need to know about the product and is extremely helpful when you’re simply not sure about which coating to pick.
4. Overall value
This aspect combines the product price with all previously mentioned characteristics in an effort to determine whether the product offers a good value for money or not.
Keep in mind that the prices listed here are those found when we were writing this guide. Consult individual product pages for information on current prices.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating by AvalonKing is the highest-rated ceramic coating on our list, equally loved by both detailing enthusiasts and professionals alike. This premium product is manufactured with the help of cutting-edge nano technology and formulated with carefully selected ingredients of the highest quality to ensure unparalleled performance, incredible strength, and remarkable longevity. When applied properly, it armors your vehicle with an almost impenetrable layer of protection, keeping all environmental and industrial contaminants at bay.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating bonds with the surface of your RV and forms a thick barrier that offers premium protection against UV rays, acid rain, water erosion, oxidation, rust, corrosion, bird droppings, road grime, dust, and dirt. Such powerful protection is a particularly important aspect for every RV owner, as recreational vehicles are typically exposed to more demanding conditions and environments and, therefore, require greater shielding.
Another thing that Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating brings to the table is a show-stopping, glass-like gloss that is sure to give your RV the appearance boost it deserves. What’s more, you can expect your RV to shine for around 2 years, which saves both time and money you have to spend on maintenance whereas the ease of use makes it an ideal detailing solution for all those looking for a DIY product that won’t disappoint.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is suitable to be applied to RVs, cars, SUVs, motorcycles, and trucks. Moreover, it is designed to coat different surfaces, like metal, chrome, vinyl wraps, carbon fiber, paint, glass, plastic, and PPF.
1) Product Quality: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating uses 84% SiO2 content to ensure that the product delivers even when exposed to unfavorable conditions and climates. It is one of the most durable ceramic coating products on the market that will keep your RV in top-notch condition for up to 2 years.
2) Presentation: The kit comes in an elegantly-designed packaging, made of quality materials that prevent spillage. Apart from a 30ml bottle of Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating, the kit consists of detailing essentials every DIY enthusiast needs: sponges and clothes used for product application, a pair of protective gloves, and a microfiber cloth used for buffing.
3) Customer Feedback: This product ranks 4.8 out of 5, which makes it the best customer-rated product that appears in our guide. With over 2,000 happy customers, there’s no doubt that this ceramic coating will satisfy your expectations.
4) Overall Value: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating kit can be purchased for $69.99, which is a great deal for your money.
Here Are The Facts:
- Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is a premium product formulated to provide unmatched performance.
- Thanks to its outstanding characteristic, it is a perfect ceramic coating for RVs.
- It is extremely durable and provides 2-year protection.
- It provides a mirror-like gloss.
Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating
Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating is a professional nano ceramic coating characterized by 9H hardness that makes the product more durable. Once applied, it creates a long-lasting barrier that protects the vehicle’s surface against water, dirt, and other contaminants that tend to stick to the paintwork. Also, this detailing solution has excellent hydrophobic properties and water beading, which makes water just roll off.
Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating is suitable for different surfaces, including lacquered paint finishes, clearcoats, and vinyl wraps. Moreover, you can use this ceramic coating for RVs, cars, and other vehicles for a glossy, mirror-like look.
1) Product Quality: Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating uses advanced technologies and quality ingredients to provide great protection and boost the appearance of your RV. The product is quite durable and lasts around 18 months before it needs to be reapplied.
2) Presentation: The packaging is very nice, with a modern design and a pop of blue color. The kit contains the following: a 30/50 ml bottle of Yocisku 9H Nano Ceramic Coating, a pair of protective gloves, an applicator, microfiber cloth, and a towel. You also get detailed operating instructions.
3) Customer Feedback: The product ranks 4.3 out of 5, and the biggest complaint is the longevity of the coating.
4) Overall Value: The price of this kit depends on the volume you want to purchase - expect to pay $25.99 for a 30 ml bottle, or $36.99 for a 50 ml bottle. Considering other characteristics as well, this product is a good investment.
Adam’s UV Ceramic Spray Coating
Adam's UV Ceramic Spray Coating uses the latest coating technology and unique chemical composition to deliver outstanding ceramic protection to your car, RV, or boat. This coating creates a strong layer that is scratch resistant and offers 10-12 months of protection. Moreover, it has great hydrophobic properties and leaves a beautiful glass-like gloss when applied.
In addition, Adam's UV Ceramic Spray Coating is an ideal solution for any DIY enthusiast since it is very easy and quick to apply. It is suitable for various painted surfaces, plastic trims, chrome, tonneau covers, glass, floor mats, wheels, headlights, canvas mats, and bed liners.
1) Product Quality: Adam's UV Ceramic Spray Coating is formulated with patent-pending ceramic shimmer technology that provides a beautiful finish and adds shine and depth. Also, the product is impregnated with UV tracers, which reduces the risk of misapplication.
2) Presentation: The product comes in a nice-looking, transparent bottle that is made out of quality materials and has a specially designed fine mist sprayer that reduces product waste.
3) Customer Feedback: Customer reviews reveal certain problems with the product’s longevity and thickness. The overall score is 4.4 out of 5.
4) Overall Value: An 8 oz bottle is priced at $19.99, whereas the complete kit costs $59.99, which seems like a good deal.
Max’s RV Hydro Pearl SiO2 Coating
Max's RV Hydro Pearl SiO2 Coating is a quality RV ceramic coating solution specifically designed to make your RV maintenance easier. This coating creates a durable layer of protection on the surface of your RV, which guards against various harmful pollutants. Also, the coating is enriched with excellent self-cleaning properties and keeps your RV clean and shiny between washes.
Max's RV Hydro Pearl SiO2 Coating is applied in no time - you simply spray it on the surface of your RV and rinse it off. You can safely coat surfaces like glass, paint, metal, vinyl, and gelcoat.
1) Product Quality: Max's RV Hydro Pearl SiO2 Coating is developed with the help of state-of-the-art ceramic coating technology and provides durable protection against dirt, dust, grime, water, and UV rays. This product is silicone-free.
2) Presentation: The packaging is sturdy and keeps the product safely stored and well-protected during shipping. The nozzle facilitates the process of application.
3) Customer Feedback: Customers who had the chance to use this coating are mostly satisfied and the product ranks 4.4.
4) Overall Value: A 22 oz bottle of Max's RV Hydro Pearl SiO2 Coating is sold for $24.99, which is a reasonable price.
Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating
Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating is designed to create a long-lasting layer on the surface of your RV that will act as a barrier and keep dirt, grime, water, and other contaminants at bay. What’s more, this ceramic coating for RV is formulated to absorb harmful UV rays and offer all-weather protection that will keep your RV looking shiny and new even when exposed to more demanding environments.
Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating is a great coating product for both detailing professionals and complete beginners. It is applicable to a variety of surfaces, including wheels, windows, trim, trailers, and so on.
1) Product Quality: Presta HydroProtek Ceramic Coating is a high-quality product characterized by its quick application and a glossy finish. It uses the most advanced technologies available to offer excellent performance.
2) Presentation: The coating comes in a well-designed, black spray bottle that protects the product and prevents spillage.
3) Customer Feedback: Although there are only 10 ratings available, an average score is 4.4, which shows that the customers are mostly satisfied with this RV ceramic coating.
4) Overall Value: The price for a 22 oz bottle is $23.50, whereas a gallon can be purchased for $56.90, which puts this coating on par with similar products.
Renew Protect RP.12
Renew Protect RP.12 is a TiO2 and SiO2 enriched nano ceramic coating for RV, marine, automotive, aviation, and glass applications. The product bonds with the vehicle surface and forms a layer characterized by excellent hydrophobic and self-cleaning properties. It protects against UV rays, weathering, salt, graffiti, ice, dirt, and different industrial contaminants.
Renew Protect RP.12 offers year-long protection and has a quick drying time (around half an hour). Also, this coating will enhance the color of your RV, improving its entire appearance.
1) Product Quality: Renew Protect RP.12 is a water-based RV ceramic coating that uses a unique blend of titanium, zinc, quartz, aluminum, and carbon for achieving optimal results. Its pencil hardness is 8H.
2) Presentation: This ceramic coating for RV comes in a contemporary, cool-looking bottle with a sprayer that helps direct the product.
3) Customer Feedback: For now, only three customers have left their feedback, and the product ranking is 4.5.
4) Overall Value: A 16 oz bottle of Renew Protect RP.12 comes at a price of $44.50 which seems a bit expensive.
No matter whether you are an experienced detailing professional or a DIY enthusiast, opting for a quality RV ceramic coating is crucial if you want to keep your recreational vehicle looking brand new and shiny. The products mentioned here won’t disappoint, just make sure to pick the coating which is cost-effective, uses quality ingredients, offers effective protection, lasts long, and fits your individual needs.