Every bicycle owner faces certain difficulties when it comes to bicycle maintenance – we all seek the most effective solution that will help us extend our bike’s life, as well as keep it well-protected and shiny at all times.
Luckily for us, there are plenty of ceramic coating products on the market specifically designed to offer premium protection and keep our bicycle looking brand new, even when exposed to more demanding conditions and terrains.
Although there are many different products to choose from, not all are equally effective. That’s why we decided to make a list of the best ceramic coating solutions for bicycle owners that are sure to meet your every need.
What to Focus on When Choosing Ceramic Coating for Bicycles
If you’re looking to purchase a ceramic coating solution that’ll be the right fit for your bicycle, you need a product that is characterized by:
1. Outstanding Performance
Finding a product that provides flawless performance under various circumstances should definitely be your top priority. Look for a product that bonds well with a bicycle’s surface and creates a thick protective layer that is resistant to harmful UV rays, water, dirt, dust, corrosion, oxidation, and other environmental contaminants, as well as slight mechanical damage such as scratching.
2. Good Quality-Price Ratio
Always pick a product that has a good price-performance relationship and offers great value for your money. Keep in mind that the most cost-effective products always deliver outstanding performance and provide excellent quality for a very reasonable price.
Another important aspect is the longevity of the product in question. If you choose a coating that is durable and provides long-lasting protection, you’ll save a lot of time and money you’d otherwise spend on bicycle maintenance.
4. Ease of Use
A user-friendly coating that is designed to be easy, safe, and quick to apply is just what you need, no matter whether you are a detailing professional or a DIY enthusiast.
Ceramic Coating for Bicycles Reviews For 2020
Explaining the Ranking System
In order to properly evaluate each ceramic coating that can be found in stores all over the world, we decided to focus on the following four ranking criteria:
1. Product quality
Quality of the product is the most important aspect to consider when trying to determine whether a ceramic coating is worth your while or not. Coatings that are formulated with premium ingredients and cutting-edge technologies are sure to offer the best results and prove to be very cost-efficient.
We all know that the first impression matters, so it’s only natural that various brands strive to come up with attractive packaging designed to catch the customers’ attention. Besides being well-designed, the packaging should be made out of quality materials to ensure that the product is safely stored, shipped, and used.
3. Customer feedback
Customer feedback is essential when trying to figure out whether the product really delivers or not. Both good and bad reviews are equally important when it comes to evaluating the product and deciding if it’s a good fit for you.
4. Overall value
Our final criterion, overall value, combines all the above-mentioned aspects with the product price in an effort to assess whether it’s a good investment or not.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating by AvalonKing is a premium coating solution designed to deliver at all times and under the most severe circumstances, which makes it one of the most praised products on the market and our top pick. This DIY detailing product has it all - exceptional quality, flawless performance, impressive longevity, great strength, affordable price, beautiful gloss, and eye-catching design. Once applied, it forms a strong protective layer that coats your bike and boosts its entire appearance.
As bicycles are often exposed to harsh environments, they require a great degree of protection, which is exactly what Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating has to offer. This coating is designed to keep your bike safe from various environmental and industrial contaminants, including oxidation, corrosion, rust, acid rain, bird droppings, UV rays, water, dirt, and dust. Moreover, this ceramic coating is characterized by exceptional hardness, which makes it scratch-resistant.
Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating kit contains everything you might need for a quick and easy DIY application, which makes it ideal for those looking to purchase a professional-grade product that can be successfully applied by a complete beginner. The kit contains a 30ml Armor Shield IX bottle, an applicator sponge, suedes, a pair of gloves, and a buffing towel, along with detailed operating instructions.
Another great thing that Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating has to offer is its durability - if applied properly, the product will last for up to 2 years, which will greatly facilitate the entire process of bike maintenance. Also, you can apply this ceramic coating to cars, RVs, SUVs, and boats as well.
1) Product Quality: Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is formulated with premium-quality ingredients and state-of-the-art nano technology to ensure unmatched performance. In addition, the formula is enhanced with a high percentage of SiO2 (84%), making the product durable and damage-resistant.
2) Presentation: Not only does this kit have a lot to offer, but it also looks great. The packaging is well-designed, luxurious, and elegant, with a high-end feel to it. It’s sturdy and manufactured with quality materials so as to keep the coating safely stored and prevent spillage.
3) Customer Feedback: With an overall ranking score of 4.8 out of 5, Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is one of the highest-rated ceramic coatings on the market. More than 2,000 satisfied customers have shared their impressions of the product, revealing its many advantages.
4) Overall Value: With the price of only $69.99 per kit, this amazing coating is definitely worth the investment.
Here Are The Facts:
- Armor Shield IX Nano Ceramic Coating is a professional-grade DIY ceramic coating solution that improves your bike’s appearance and ensures it’s well-protected no matter what.
- It is designed to protect against a wide range of pollutants, including weathering, water, UV rays, and dirt.
- It has a very high SiO2 content - a whopping 84%.
- It is very cost-effective and offers a volume discount - three kits cost only $139.99.
Maxima 78920 SC1 High Gloss Coating
Maxima SC1 High Gloss Coating is specifically formulated to provide ultimate protection even when exposed to harsh environments and more demanding conditions. When applied to your bike’s surface, this ceramic coating creates a water-resistant layer that prevents dirt and mud buildup, protects against elements, and leaves a beautiful, glossy shine.
Thanks to its amazing properties, Maxima 78920 SC1 High Gloss Coating keeps your bicycle clean for an extended period of time. In addition, you can use it to coat painted surfaces, fiberglass, and plastic in order to restore their color and shine.
1) Product Quality: With such an effective formulation and quality ingredients, Maxima 78920 SC1 High Gloss Coating is sure to keep your bike well-protected and give it an appearance boost it deserves.
2) Presentation: The product comes in a spray can and it’s very easy to apply, thanks to the user-friendly design. Also, the packaging is made out of quality materials, so the coating is well-protected during the shipment.
3) Customer Feedback: With almost 3,500 global ratings, and an overall score of 4.8, it’s safe to say that this ceramic coating is among the top-rated products used by both professional and DIY detailers.
4) Overall Value: The price of Maxima 78920 SC1 High Gloss Coating depends on the volume - a 12 oz bottle can be purchased for $14.27, whereas a 12-pack (144 oz) costs $93.86. All in all, it’s an effective product that comes at a good price.
Proteam Hydro Coating
Proteam Hydro Coating uses a special SiO2 enriched formulation and the latest technology for achieving the best results. This ceramic coating for bicycles fills in all the pores and imperfections found on the surface of your bicycle and creates a thick, durable barrier that repels dirt and water. If applied properly, the product can last for up to 2 years.
Proteam Hydro Coating can be applied to the frame, no matter whether it’s carbon, steel, matt, aluminum, or glossy, as well as all the components of your bicycle. With coating that has such impressive cleaning and dirt repelling properties, bicycle maintenance will be a breeze.
1) Product Quality: Proteam Hydro Coating is a quality ceramic coating developed with the help of the latest technology for outstanding performance and durability.
2) Presentation: The coating comes in an interestingly designed bottle that contains additional product information you might find useful. A 15 ml bottle is enough for coating one bicycle.
3) Customer Feedback: Although there are no reviews on the product website, if you do some research you’ll find various comments left by satisfied customers elsewhere.
4) Overall Value: A 15 ml bottle of Proteam Hydro Coating is $38.73, whereas a 50 ml bottle is sold for $104.20, which is a good value for your money.
Cycle-Guard Pro by Coating Farm is a flexible ceramic coating for bicycles that is designed to offer excellent protection and a brilliant shine. When applied onto the bicycle’s surface, the product forms a sleek layer that repels dirt and water, keeping your bike shiny even in-between washes. In addition, the coating is characterized by 9H hardness, which makes it more resistant to mechanical damage.
Cycle-Guard Pro is designed to protect the bicycle’s derailleur, paintwork, handlebars, and crank, and is safe to use on a gloss, carbon, and matte finish. Moreover, this coating can be layered after 7 days, which increases the level of protection.
1) Product Quality: Cycle-Guard Pro is a high-quality ceramic coating solution that offers impressive flexibility, great strength, excellent protection, and a high gloss.
2) Presentation: The packaging looks neat and modern, whereas the bottle is quality and easy to use. A 15 ml bottle is enough to coat three bicycles.
3) Customer Feedback: Customers haven’t left their feedback on the website yet, but there are plenty of positive comments that can be found online.
4) Overall Value: A 15 ml Cycle-Guard Pro bottle comes at a price of $53.40, which does seem a bit expensive.
Ecocoat Bike by Igl Coatings is a highly-effective ceramic coating for bicycles that uses state-of-the-art nano technology and quality ingredients to achieve maximum results. The coating creates a durable barrier that protects your bike’s surface against water, dirt, weathering, and mechanical damage while providing a spectacular glossy finish.
Ecocoat Bike is very easy to apply, which makes it perfect for all detailing enthusiasts looking for a straightforward coating solution. It can be used on a wide range of surfaces, including paintwork, vinyl, metal, and plastic.
1) Product Quality: Ecocoat Bike is formulated with only 10% solvent followed by 90% active material content, which affects the longevity and performance of the coating. Also, the product is characterized by 8H hardness and impressive hydrophobic properties.
2) Presentation: The packaging is well designed, with a pop of green color. The entire kit consists of the following: 10 ml of Ecocoat Bike coating, 60 ml Ecocoat Precoat surface preparation solution, 60 ml Ecocoat Air, and 2 coating wands used for product application.
3) Customer Feedback: There are still no customer reviews left on the website, but you can find many positive comments online.
4) Overall Value: This coating kit is sold for $86.72, which is a great price for what you get.
Bike Ceramic Coating
Bike Ceramic Coating by Wax Is Dead is a specially formulated ceramic coating solution made to protect your bicycle and boost its entire appearance. The main characteristics of this high-quality ceramic coating for bicycles are its 9H hardness, excellent hydrophobic properties, as well as weathering, oxidation, corrosion, UV rays, chemicals, mud, and dirt resistance.
Bike Ceramic Coating is developed with users in mind and allows an easy and safe application, as well as fast results. It can be safely used on several different surfaces, including metal, plastic, paint, vinyl, titanium, and carbon fiber.
1) Product Quality: Bike Ceramic Coating uses cutting-edge nano technology and ingredients of the highest quality to provide great protection to the entire frame of your bicycle and keep it looking brand new for years to come.
2) Presentation: The product comes in a modernly-designed transparent bottle that is easy to use and prevents spillage.
3) Customer Feedback: Even though there isn’t a review section on the website, you’ll find plenty of user reviews left by satisfied customers if you research this product online.
4) Overall Value: The price of $60.09 makes this coating a costly one. However, in terms of quality, this coating solution really has a lot to offer.
Keeping your bicycle well-protected, well-maintained, and in top-notch condition is essential if you want to extend its life and increase its resale value. To achieve this, you’ll need a reliable ceramic coating for bicycles designed to offer premium protection and a brilliant glossy finish no matter the circumstances nor the environment. And that’s exactly what each coating we mentioned in our 2020 Buyer’s Guide brings to the table.