Who doesn’t love a shiny, out-of-the-showroom looking car? They key to this is keeping them clean, which everybody is well aware of but just don’t want to acknowledge the fact! Every car owner loves their car, but do all of us really want to make an effort, rubbing them with sponges and what not everyday?!
None of us want to do that, and so some blessed soul invented the foam cannon. Cleaning the car has become such an easy task now. The task has become much easier and faster with it, showcasing cleaning ability which is far better than your regular garden hose and bucket.
The product is so useful and in demand that naturally, there are various manufacturers of the device all of whom have models with different features and pros. This guide will help you choose the best foam cannon according to your needs, in the market!
7 Best Foam Cannon Reviews
1. DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon
Two very important features are there in this product, easily making it one of the most recommended ones. Its brass connector means you will achieve a tight connection to the pressure washer, which is great to have since you don’t want to lose any water pressure. After all, it is the water pressure primarily that helps the foam cannon deliver the best.
Apart from this, there is a 33-ounce bottle included where you can contain the liquid foam pre-mix. This is an ample quantity of the mix to clean a regular sized vehicle multiple times before going for a refill.
One negative element can be that the bottle is quite opaque, making it quite a task to monitor the amount of liquid mix you are left with. Besides this, we weren’t really able to find any cons of this item especially given the competitive price it comes at.
- Brass Connectors
- Variable Foam Lance
- Container Bottle having 33 ounce capacity
- Brand: SmartPainter
- Model: SFL-001
- Weight: 1.25 pounds
2. MATCC Adjustable Foam Cannon
This one is another good quality foam cannon from MATCC that would surely not break the bank, though compared to the model above, it is a tad bit more expensive. Solid construction, 1-litre bottle and brass connectors, all make it a very similar product as the one above. The difference lies in its foam lance core’s adjustability which has a greater range, i.e. the concentration and amount of foam produced by the spray can be adjusted at a wider range.
This unique feature allows the device to look after a number of other chores around your house, in addition to cleaning the car. You can clean windows, bring your driveways back to the best shape and much more! Just like the previous mode, this one also has the same con i.e. the opaque bottle which may be a pain, but its pricing will make you live with that.
- Brass Connectors
- 1 Liter Bottle
- Easy Adjustability
- Brand: MATCC
- Model: MATCCYomoid452
- Weight: 1.6 Ounces
3. Chemical Guys EQP 313 TORQ
As you look at this one, you will notice that it comes in a set. This is a particularly noteworthy thing as Chemical Guys is the one company that knows what they are doing with the auto cleaning products.
This set comes with two bottles of a high foaming cleaning solution along with a high gloss shampoo. The two can be used either individually or together, and either way they perform in a great manner. One of these liquids even has a citrus scent to it, so if you want your car to be squeaky clean white smelling like a big, juicy lemon, this one’s for you!
Moreover, you also get premium Foam Cannon in the kit with brass connectors, a big plastic mix bottle (which by the way is also transparent), and an exclusive design incorporating a radical air injection system with a very powerful spray and excellent formula mixing ability. The kit isn’t what you can call cheap or budget friendly, it is a premium product by all means but is worth investing every penny in.
- 4 Piece Kit
- Air Injection Technology
- 32 Ounce, Transparent Bottle
- Brand: Chemical Brothers
- Model: EQP_313
- Weight: 5.05 Pounds (Total)
4. Fasmov Car Wash Cannon Foam Blaster
This is one of those products which do exactly what they claim to. It doesn’t have any bolted on, or shiny, extra features. Rather, it’s a well made, sturdy cannon providing a very well, top-notch quality use for an extended period. It doesn’t even have a logo on it, instead, it has brass connectors which are such high-quality ones that they do not lose any pressure at all.
The big bottle has capacity to hold plenty of foam mix, with a spray nozzle that can be adjusted easily for accurate mixing and outstanding foam spray. It is a small one, having no frills – but do not let that put you off, as it is a really well-built foam cannon designed to do the job at its best.
- Brass Connectors
- 33 ounce bottle
- Easily Adjustable
- Brand: Fasmov
- Model: FBA_SnowFoamLance-F
- Weight: 0.96 Ounces
5. DUSICHIN DUS-003 High Pressure Snow Foam Cannon
If you live or move around in an area where your vehicle gets tortured by the dust and mud around, this foam cannon will definitely grab your attention. It has a built-in pressure washer trigger and comes with very strong connectors and an ergonomically designed, comfortable handle.
Practically speaking, this mean that the cannon can handle up to 3000 psi pressure. This, when combined with the ergonomic handles, you get a product that can be used for prolonged periods. Some incredibly powerful water and foam jets will be generated by it, that cut the dust, grime and mud through like they were never a problem at all.
So, if you are in search of a powerful foam cannon that can cope up with the dirtiest of jobs easily, this one has to be it.
- Built in, Ergonomic Water Gun Handle
- Can Handle 3000 psi
- 1 litre Bottle Attachment
- Brand: DUSICHIN
- Model: DUS-003
- Weight: 2.3 Pounds
6. Blisstime Snow Foam Car Wash Foam Cannon
This is a well-designed water foam cannon, that features everything needed to clean your car in a quick and easy manner. Its brass connectors hold the water pressure good enough so you do not waste any while cutting down the consumption of both, water and time as all the water is sprayed on the car instead of running down the driveway.
The bottle connected is a generous one having capacity of up to 33 ounces, is made of a translucent material that makes it convenient for you to keep an eye on the amount of mixture remaining. It is a very well put, sturdy kit that will last for a while, coming with a free cleaning cloth.
- Brass Connectors
- Translucent Bottle - 33 Ounce capacity
- Free Cleaning Cloth
- Brand: Blistime
- Model: BJ-157
- Weight: 1.35 Pounds
7. TriNova Foam Cannon and Gallon Car wash Soap Kit
It is a premium item built on the exact standards, but you shouldn’t expect anything less from a company like TriNova. This cannon is constructed using standards of durability and functionality in mind. The brass connector is designed to be top quality and keep the water pressure exactly where it is needed, i.e. inside the cannon. It has an easily adjustable nozzle so the foam mix and density can be changed on the fly.
The thick plastic used to make it will last quite long. An extra wide neck attachment is also added to it, which is a very unique feature. On some models, this may be quite a weak point on some models given the high pressure that builds up inside it, pushing against the relatively small and weak surface area. However, with this model the problem doesn’t exist. Its wide neck is designed to distribute the pressure and elongate the lifespan of the product. This isn’t the cheapest one out there, but is definitely a long term investment and thus it price justifies.
- Premium Quality
- Easy to Use
- Wide Neck Design
- Brand: TriNova
- Model: FBA_33910
- Weight: 1.15 Pounds
Best Foam Cannon Buying Guide
Now that we have gone through the best foam cannons available on the market, you might also agree to those. But how to choose the best model for yourself, and once it is chosen, how to make sure it is used in the most efficient manner?
Foam Gun vs Foam Cannon – What’s the Difference?
You must have heard about foam guns, and here we are talking about foam cannons. So the question arises, what’s the difference between the two? To give a hint, the biggest difference is suggested by the name itself – a gun compared to a cannon!
The primary difference is that you can plug in the foam gun in your hose, and it is a relatively simple machine, without a doubt. However, this also means that the following also happens:
- The effectiveness of a foam gun is limited by the water pressure in your hose, which to say the least can be poor very often.
- A foam gun uses more water than a cannon as water at low pressure is required to do the same job as what’s to be done by less water at higher pressure.
- Honestly, it just doesn’t perform as well, since the foam made by the gun is usually a quite weak sheet running off quickly without doing a lot of cleaning.
In comparison to this, the foam cannon works in together with a pressure washer, which makes it much more complex than a simple gun, obviously. For one thing you need a pressure washer along with high quality brass connectors that can be attached properly to the pressure washer.
And yes, all this extra effort does bring out some serious results that include:
- An outstanding clean is provided when the high pressure water is combined with the foam. If you really want your car to look like it has been cleaned and detailed by a professional, a foam cannon is the key to that premium finish and also to get it done much faster compared to doing it by hand.
- Less water is consumed in a foam cannon, making it more efficient. This is a particularly important thing to consider when you reside in an area or apartment where water usage restrictions apply.
- When it comes to cleaning the car, it is very efficient. We all love cars and it is also great to be out sometimes under the sun, with buckets and wipes, making everything appear great. But other times, it is cold and you’re tired after a long day, while your car looks like a piece of filth. In those times, your best friend has to be a good quality pressure washer, that will help you through the day!
Tips When Using a Foam Cannon
In this section, we will be talking about things you don’t have to do at all – that sounds great, right?
To begin with, just forget bothering about any prewash, that happens to be the first thing on many car cleaning guides. What you have is a secret, deadly weapon, the foam cannon. Why we need a prewash is to remove any specks of dirt and debris on the car, as they may get on the cloth or sponge you use to clean your car and can hence scratch away its paintwork.
The thing is though you have a secret weapon that they don’t – a foam cannon. The point of a prewash is to remove any hard specks of dirt and debris. These little bits can get caught in your sponge or cloth whilst hand washing and can scratch or whirl the paintwork.
Here however, among the many, another beauty of the foam cannon is that you don’t have to worry about any prewash, as essentially you are washing the car hands off. So,, simply begin with the cleaning right away. This is one of the main reasons that this product saves so much time of car owners.
Furthermore, there are a few more things to do, to get the best out of thee products:
- Wait for the sun: Just like you don’t wash your car in the rain, do not use the cannon either. This seems quite straightforward but many people go out and use the product in the rain, so this one is worth mentioning.
- It’s about the foam! Why you bought this product was to take full advantage in the best manner from the spray foam, so make sure you do that only. There are adjustable nozzles in all these tools that help you regulate the amount of water getting mixed with the foam product. You need a nice stream of foam, which is thick enough to cling on the exterior of your vehicle.
- Clean! What goes out, must get off as well. Disconnect the cannon from the adjustor nozzle or pressure washer so there isn’t any foam mixture going in the water stream. Go from the top to the bottom of the car with the water jet, and make sure you aren’t doing it the other way round or all the dirt from the ground will just be blasted right on top of your car.
- Finish off! With this, you should have a squeaky clean car. Let it be like it or let it dry, and apply your usual car wax which is highly recommended to use!
Things to Consider Before Choosing your Foam Cannon
There are a few factors you must consider when choosing your foam cannon. We have listed the important ones for you:
This is one of the most important ones, as weak connectors with simply let the water pressure escape leaving the tool with much lower efficiency and will also make it prone to breaking easily. The models in our list have brass connectors, which are the best ones on the market right now. Make sure you do not even step near those with plastic connectors!
Versatility of Use:
If the foam cannon can be used for other purposes as well like cleaning the patios or concrete driveways, it is much handier. At the end of the day, these tools are just quite inexpensive and are designed for cars.
Transparent bottles are much convenient for use as you can simply look through them how much foam mix is remaining, instead of guessing or detaching the bottle to check.
A point worth mentioning here is that these items will have a tough life compared to others. For instance, the water pressure they need to handle is quite high, for which a tool made to last long is needed. One of the weakest points of the foam cannon is its connector, so again, choose a selector that has brass connectors as it’s durable.
You don’t want to stop your car wash every few minutes, just to refill the foam mix. In some models, the bottle included is too small to function as required. so, in our list, we have chosen only those tools which have a capacity of at least 30 ounces or above! This should be enough amount of foam mix for a bug vehicle, in one go.